What Primary Display option to use in BIOS when installing new graphic card?

arb65912

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013
Hello,

This is my first post here so please bear with me.

I am installing the graphic card ( integrated video now)

I have Asus P8H77-M LE mobo.

I have read somewhere that after installing new graphic card, I need to go to BIOS and set the primary display to the graphic card source which I expect to be PCIE ( I do not have the card yet, my friend is shipping it to me).

The manual part for the mobo says that Primary Display options are:

Auto ( default)
iGPU
PCIE
PCI

My question is, do I need to set the Primary Display to where my new graphic card will go ( I expect it to be PCIE) or leaving it on Auto would do the trick?

Thank you.

Cheers, AJ

arb65912

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013
Gentlemen,

Thank you VERY much for the instant response.

This is the first time I received so quick response on any subject anywhere. :)

I just built my first computer but I am a total newbie in the subject ( except very basic computer knowledge).

I was looking for the forums I can ask ( and get answers ) to some trivial questions I will have and it seems that these forums will be the ones I was looking for.

Thank you again.

Cheers, AJ

arb65912

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013
I hope I am not abusing the thread but since I am here...:)

I know there are millions of sources online to learn things but would you mind to point me in the right direction?

I want to learn step by step the computers but I need to start slowly.

Are they any sources you could recommend?

Thank you.

Cheers, AJ

Just install the driver for it. It will be on the driver disc that came with your mobo or you can download it from the lucid logix website. I found it caused more problems than it solved. I recommend using d3doverrider instead and forcing vysnc/triple buffering. All virtu really is is a complicated way to implement vsync.

arb65912

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013

I see now that people have totally different feelings about VIRTU Universal MVP so I am not sure if I dare to use it.

What is d3doverrider anyway?

Thanks, AJ

d3doverrider is a program that forces vsync and triple buffering. It works much better than the vsync option in most games. If you ever see screen tearing use d3doverrider. It will most likely eliminate the tearing.

Go ahead and try virtu. You might like it. You can always uninstall it if you don't.

arb65912

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013
My primary concern as afar as graphics is using X-Plane flight simulator. It is a very graphic hungry program ( depending on the settings of course).
I will probably try d3doverrider to see if there is any difference.

Thank you very much for a super fast response.

Squiggums

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

Usually? Whenever I turn my PC off it chooses my integrated graphics automatically over my PCIE video card. I can't get a display with the VGA cable plugged into the video card.

TRENDING THREADS