What psu do i need?

genca

Honorable
Dec 5, 2017
Hi, my friend is building pc, and asked me which psu he should buy. I told him to get any corsair or seasonic. CORSAIR VS Series VS550 550W 80 Plus White is this one fine for r5 1600, 2x4ram and 1060 3gb zotac. His budget is about 50e and i think this is best one for that price

If this psu isnt good, please use this https://ipon.hu/shop/csoport/szamitogep-alkatresz/tapegyseg?559=34-2000&sortOrder=olcso to find better psu
Sorry for bad english

Actually, the thermaltake psu series I would consider good are :

Tough power grand (tier 2 I think), dps g series (gold rated ones tier 2 and titanium ones tier 1 I think)

All the low cost bronze rated ones from TT aren't worth the money/better ones from other brands available.

The s12 is almost a 10 year old design. Compared to that, the corsair cx450 is a much recent design (2017) and clearly is a much better choice. You can say that the s12 is kinda like the hyper 212, good in its days, but better options available now.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

While that's a rather mediocre PSU, if he was absolutely not spending any more, it's better than the other horrors in that price range on that website.