[SOLVED] What PSU do you recommend for my system?

giancua0

Commendable
Nov 22, 2018
Sorry for the broad question. However, my system will consist of

B550 ROG Strix
1650 Super
Ryzen 5 3600

I do know about the Linus PSU tier list, however, it is a bit overwhelming and there's just so many selections. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Solution
I had a 450W Delux PSU (which is not quite a decent brand) that fried out 4 years ago, while having an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 CPU, 4GB DDR2 and an Nvidia GeForce GT 640 graphics card in my PC.
After that, I bought a FSP 550W PSU and never had issues with that build again!

So yeah, that happened because I was on the edge of things.
That happened because the psu was dumpster fire grade garbage and not actually 450w.

A decent budget unit like a CX450 is far superior to that Delux pile and plenty for the OPs specs.

Endre

Reputable
A decent 450w psu won't be anywhere close to the edge with a 1650 super unless you are using a power hog of a cpu, which the 3600 is not.

I had a 450W Delux PSU (which is not quite a decent brand) that fried out 4 years ago, while having an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 CPU, 4GB DDR2 and an Nvidia GeForce GT 640 graphics card in my PC.

bignastyid

Titan

That happened because the psu was dumpster fire grade garbage and not actually 450w.

A decent budget unit like a CX450 is far superior to that Delux pile and plenty for the OPs specs.

Solution

Endre

Reputable

Yeah, but even in that case, even if it does work on that particular build, I still recommend going higher than your actual needs. You’re more futureproof that way! And less likely to go through hiccups.

TRENDING THREADS