Question What RAM does my motherboard use? Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2020
Hi all,
I am kind of new to upgrading RAM and would love some help as to what RAM I should upgrade to. My motherboard specs say that my motherboard has "2 * 240-pin DDR3 DIMM slots - Dual Channel DDR3 1600/1333 MHz non-ECC, un-buffered memory (max 16GB)". I currently have 8GB (2 4GB sticks) and am looking to upgrade to 16GB (2 8GB sticks). My motherboard is a Foxconn 2ADA, and I am running an i7 2600. Any help will be appreciated!
Thank you.

Ralston18

Titan
Either one seems workable.

However, you need a matched set for dual channel use.

Therefore the Timetec kit would be my recommendation and choice.

Also: Same "star" rating but many more reviews. Scroll through the Q&A's just for good measure.

Caveat being that sometimes the product's description and specs are simply a cut and paste /edit of another similar product. Details get mangled.

Key is that the specs match. You can run RAM at slower speeds; e.g., put 1600 Hz into 1333 MHz.

Use the comparators to find a consensus. At least two or three. Go directly to PNY, Kingston, Crucial, etc. to identify the applicable RAM.

I just purchased a similar ( 2 x 8GB) kit for an older Lenovo All-in-one. Comparators and specs all in agreement.

Purchased, delivered, installed, and working fine. [Knocking on wood. :) ]

Reactions: colin.oconnell93
Jan 8, 2020
Either one seems workable.

However, you need a matched set for dual channel use.

Therefore the Timetec kit would be my recommendation and choice.

Also: Same "star" rating but many more reviews. Scroll through the Q&A's just for good measure.

Caveat being that sometimes the product's description and specs are simply a cut and paste /edit of another similar product. Details get mangled.

Key is that the specs match. You can run RAM at slower speeds; e.g., put 1600 Hz into 1333 MHz.

Use the comparators to find a consensus. At least two or three. Go directly to PNY, Kingston, Crucial, etc. to identify the applicable RAM.

I just purchased a similar ( 2 x 8GB) kit for an older Lenovo All-in-one. Comparators and specs all in agreement.

Purchased, delivered, installed, and working fine. [Knocking on wood. :) ]
Awesome, thank you very much for the info. Exactly what I was looking for! Im going to buy the Timetec.

Oct 28, 2023
Status
Not open for further replies.