Question What services do I need to install a program?

Aortic Rg

Reputable
Jul 22, 2017
I had a bsod, I then hid my windows services then disabled all my other services, I'm trying to add them all back one by one, but I missed something I guess.

Anyways i'm trying to reinstall a Virus Protection Program (comodo) because it's good and it's free, when I download the install file everything works fine. When I go to unpack it and run it it opens then disappears.

I'm thinking this should be easy and someone knows about this to help me out.

Thanks!

USAFRet

Titan
I had a bsod, I then hid my windows services then disabled all my other services, I'm trying to add them all back one by one, but I missed something I guess.

Anyways i'm trying to reinstall a Virus Protection Program (comodo) because it's good and it's free, when I download the install file everything works fine. When I go to unpack it and run it it opens then disappears.

I'm thinking this should be easy and someone knows about this to help me out.

Thanks!
"I had a bsod, I then hid my windows services then disabled all my other services"

That is not the way to "fix" a BSOD.
Identify the problem before applying a solution.

Disabling all other services is NOT the way to do things. There are many things that happen behind the scenes. One thing may (and does) depend on others.

Aortic Rg

Reputable
Jul 22, 2017
"I had a bsod, I then hid my windows services then disabled all my other services"

That is not the way to "fix" a BSOD.
Identify the problem before applying a solution.

Disabling all other services is NOT the way to do things. There are many things that happen behind the scenes. One thing may (and does) depend on others.

Thanks! The BSOD code is new and has not been listed in any thread or forum, my PC would only run for 1.5 minutes before it wanted to BSOD again, (over and over) my pc ran fine in Safe Mode, so this is where I'm at.

Please refer to the question of this post, i'm not asking how to fix a BSOD. Thanks, I'll give you the code if you want but, i'm over that now.