Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 20, 2019
Hello,

I recently changed my GPU (from a NVidia 1050 3gb to a new AMD RX 580 XFX 8gb) and, surprisingly, the game CS:GO had a massive FPS drop.

Just to illustrate, I used to have 130 – 200 with the old Nvidia 1050 3gb, and now the game goes bellow 90 FPS when I’m playing.

I appreciate any help here, because all other games improved a lot with the new GPU, but only CSGO has gone that bad.

My settings in CSGO are all set “low” (shadows are “very low”), all specs turned off (except multicore rendering), and resolution is 1280 x 1024;

Here is a simple list of my configurations:

• AMD FX 8350 eight core (has watercooler);
• AMD RX 580 8gb XFX;
• 8GB RAM DDR3;
• SSD 120gb (Win 10, Steam and CSGO are here);
• HD 250gb;
• Thermaltake 650w;

Here is a list of things I’ve already done:

a) Cleaning “TEMP”, “%TEMP%” and “PREFETCH” files;
b) Using “Unpark CPU”;
c) Launch options in CSGO (ex: -high; -cl_forcepreload, etc.)
d) Using cfg for best fps (like removing eye movement and details from CSGO, etc.);
e) Changing power options in Windows Power Plan (set to high performance);
f) Updated AMD driver for the recommended version;
g) Setting the global graphics (AMD software) for best fps;
h) Checking the health of my SSD and HD (all good);
i) Checking the temperature of CPU and GPU after playing (all good).

I have no idea of what type of problem is happening here. Any help is useful right now.

My guess would be that some other eye-candy setting got enabled when you installed the RX580.
Have you tried turning ALL settings down to their lowest?

What make/model is your monitor? If it has a 60hz refresh then there is absolutely no difference between 200FPS and 90FPS, with respect to what you are seeing on the screen.

Dec 20, 2019
My guess would be that some other eye-candy setting got enabled when you installed the RX580.
Have you tried turning ALL settings down to their lowest?

What make/model is your monitor? If it has a 60hz refresh then there is absolutely no difference between 200FPS and 90FPS, with respect to what you are seeing on the screen.

1 - No, I haven't tried that (turning all settings from AMD software to "low").

2 - My monitor is 144hz (Model: Acer KG241Q), so I would be happy with a decent line of 150 fps. Problem is I am getting very often lower than 100 fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.