[SOLVED] What Should I Get?

Oct 14, 2021
I'm thinking of doubling my current storage and getting a 4TB hard drive, but I don't know what to get. I've narrowed it down price-wise (under $150 AUD) to either an internal hard drive (like a WD Blue 4TB (5400RPM) or a Seagate Barracuda 4TB (5400 RPM)) and a USB 3.0 to SATA Enclosure, or an external hard drive (like Seagate 4TB Expansion (prefer to be portable), Toshiba Canvio Ready 4TB, WD 4TB Elements SE, Seagate 4TB Backup Plus Portable or Seagate Expansion Portable 4TB).
What would be my best option in terms of reliability, quality and price?
Thanks

Solution
You have a mix of drive sizes here. The smaller ones are 2.5" drives and the larger ones are 3.5"
You linked two 3.5" internal drives but then link an enclosure for a 2.5" drive; that's not going to work.
I prefer o make my own portable drives. That way I know there is a Sata drive that I can install to a PC and run data recovery on if I need to.
Many of todays portable drives are pure USB and have no Sata port on them.
In either case - Be sure to backup often.

popatim

Titan
You have a mix of drive sizes here. The smaller ones are 2.5" drives and the larger ones are 3.5"
You linked two 3.5" internal drives but then link an enclosure for a 2.5" drive; that's not going to work.
I prefer o make my own portable drives. That way I know there is a Sata drive that I can install to a PC and run data recovery on if I need to.
Many of todays portable drives are pure USB and have no Sata port on them.
In either case - Be sure to backup often.

Solution