[SOLVED] What should I price my PC on eBay?

nateyboy

Honorable
Sep 4, 2016
I'm selling a 5 year old CyberPowerPC on eBay. I'm not sure what to price it. Im guessing I should just look up how much the parts cost on amazon and sell it for the total of those prices? Let me know if you can help. Thanks.

Solution
I'm sure you can get around 400-500 if the case looks modern

That's really really optimistic. and highly doubtful since you can build a new modern PC that is more powerful for the same
All USD

Ryzen 1600AF 85 USD
B450 Mobo 60
RAM 70
PSU 70
Case 50
SSD 60
GPU GTX1650 Super 160-180

So a modern all new computer will cost about 500-600 USD. If you go with used modern parts its closer to 400-500, hell you could probably manage a similarly spec used PC for 350.

I would say that computer is worth 250-350.
Parts generally sell for higher, individually, than what you would get if you sell all the parts together as a whole computer.

How quickly do you want to sell it? If you want minimal bother and want it sold yesterday, price it low so that it will sell quickly. Remember, products are only worth what you can sell them for and the market for 5 year old computers is very small to non-existent.
Sorry to say that I doubt you're going to get much for your PC - if it sells at all. If you have a very high-end video card (for the time) you may get someone to bite on that so they can run SLI/Crossfire but I think that would be the only exception.

I'm selling a 5 year old CyberPowerPC on eBay. I'm not sure what to price it. Im guessing I should just look up how much the parts cost on amazon and sell it for the total of those prices? Let me know if you can help. Thanks.

So you decide to sell a pc and ask us, without any specs. Nobody will buy it if you simply list is as 'gaming pc' without any specs. What are your full specs and how fast do you want to buy it, where as well. Since its 5 years old I doubt you will get any good money but you may get some money. But Some people are quite stupid and will buy anything.

When I wanted my first pc, I bought a pc with a GT710, FX4300 for £250 ($312) because it was listed as 'gaming pc' and I liked the case.

nateyboy

Honorable
Sep 4, 2016
So you decide to sell a pc and ask us, without any specs. Nobody will buy it if you simply list is as 'gaming pc' without any specs. What are your full specs and how fast do you want to buy it, where as well. Since its 5 years old I doubt you will get any good money but you may get some money. But Some people are quite stupid and will buy anything.

When I wanted my first pc, I bought a pc with a GT710, FX4300 for £250 ($312) because it was listed as 'gaming pc' and I liked the case.

Thanks a lot for the response, I'm new to selling this kind of stuff. Im selling it on eBay and r/HWS.

My PC specs are:
Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60 GHZ with stock cooler
8.00GB Dual Channel DDR3 @800MHZ (brand unknown, got this prebuilt from cyberpowerpc)
MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Motherboard
MSI GTX 970 4GB
Hard Drives:
465 GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD
500 GB HDD
PSU: ATNG 80+ Bronze 800 Watt PSU
Corsair Case with 2 fans
Note: I also just spent 3 hours cleaning and dusting it inside and out

nateyboy

Honorable
Sep 4, 2016
Parts generally sell for higher, individually, than what you would get if you sell all the parts together as a whole computer.

How quickly do you want to sell it? If you want minimal bother and want it sold yesterday, price it low so that it will sell quickly. Remember, products are only worth what you can sell them for and the market for 5 year old computers is very small to non-existent.
Sorry to say that I doubt you're going to get much for your PC - if it sells at all. If you have a very high-end video card (for the time) you may get someone to bite on that so they can run SLI/Crossfire but I think that would be the only exception.
My PC specs are:
8.00GB Dual Channel DDR3 @800MHZ (brand unknown, got this prebuilt from cyberpowerpc)
MSI GTX 970 4GB
Hard Drives:
500 GB HDD
Corsair Case with 2 fans

I was thinking of selling it all in one because I feel like I would be able to get rid of the PSU and other stuff that people wouldn't buy individually.

I'm sure you can get around 400-500 if the case looks modern

That's really really optimistic. and highly doubtful since you can build a new modern PC that is more powerful for the same
All USD

Ryzen 1600AF 85 USD
B450 Mobo 60
RAM 70
PSU 70
Case 50
SSD 60

So a modern all new computer will cost about 500-600 USD. If you go with used modern parts its closer to 400-500, hell you could probably manage a similarly spec used PC for 350.

Solution

YoAndy

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017
All USD

Ryzen 1600AF 85 USD
B450 Mobo 60
RAM 70
PSU 70
Case 50
SSD 60

We have to remember that not everyone knows how to build computers and a modern fully built computer on ebay can go for 700-800

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223564667333

We have to remember that not everyone knows how to build computers and a modern fully built computer on ebay can go for 700-800

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223564667333

Wow that's a rip off of a computer if I've ever seen one even for a prebuilt. Anyway you are right alot of people look on ebay for cheap used computers but most peopel even these days are looking at cyberpower/iBuypower first. Looking on eBay there are lots of high priced used components and whole systems, and most have 0 bids or offers on them.

nateyboy

Honorable
Sep 4, 2016
All USD

Ryzen 1600AF 85 USD
B450 Mobo 60
RAM 70
PSU 70
Case 50
SSD 60

I think I'm going to try to price it high on eBay at first. Then, I will lower the price if it doesn't get sold for a while. After that, I'll just sell the individual parts. Do you guys think thats a good idea?

I think I'm going to try to price it high on eBay at first. Then, I will lower the price if it doesn't get sold for a while. After that, I'll just sell the individual parts. Do you guys think thats a good idea?

You can also try Facebook Marketplace to sell it. Its nice since you can haggle the price easier then simply meet the person to sell it cutting out eBay and shipping fees.

USAFRet

Titan
Ok thanks for letting me know. I believe you can make it so the buyer pays shipping, correct?
You can choose to not include shipping. If you want to make it even less attractive.
Go to UPS.com and price out how much shipping a whole PC costs.
20" x 20" x 10" + 40lbs.

Shipping a box that size 600 miles, USA East coast...min cost is $49.

If you were buying a system on ebay, would YOU be willing to pay for that?
I wouldn't.

I would buy the PC for $400 max. I would say people would buy it for about $300 - 350. Especially
Thanks a lot for the response, I'm new to selling this kind of stuff. Im selling it on eBay and r/HWS.

My PC specs are:
MSI GTX 970 4GB
Hard Drives:
500 GB HDD
Corsair Case with 2 fans

I would buy the PC for $350 max. Some people may want $300. Try using a good site such as Ebay or very recommended is Facebook Marketplace. People buy any junk there and they will buy your pc if the case looks good. Some people are borderline stupid and will just buy a pc with a cool case. It does have an SSD and some decent specs. If you list the CPU as i7 then people will also buy it faster. I think you should set it up for $350 and drop the price if people are not buying it as time goes by.

Reactions: Samarth04

TRENDING THREADS