[SOLVED] What Should I Upgrade On My Prebuilt PC For Streaming

Nov 4, 2020
I stream games like fortnite, call of duty modern warfare, as well as less intense games like Among Us. While streaming games like Among Us and Minecraft, my pc can stream at 60 FPS 720p with stream labs and Spotify open no problem. However when I stream a game like COD Warzone, my Spotify is slow when I want to skip songs or switch playlists, my stream labs takes a while to switch scenes, adjusting mic settings on the computer takes 3x as long (though the game and stream runs smoothly with little lag) and my stream often freezes and completely ends if I try to close or load this game up on stream. Sometimes stream labs and my game freezes altogether and randomly ends stream after an hour or 2 (this is pretty rare). With my pc and parts listed below, I'm wondering what parts I should upgrade first in order to allow my computer to run a lot smoother and not struggle while streaming intense games. I'm willing to spend a couple hundred dollars on upgrades, I just need suggestions on what specific parts I should buy that are compatible with my system.
My Prebuilt PC (Plus an extra 8 gb of ddr4 ram I added. 16gb in total not 8):
https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Blaze-Gaming-Computer-Desktop/dp/B07RL4K6CN

PC Parts:
Processor: Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3. 4GHz (3. 9 GHz Max Boost)
Motherboard: A320M Motherboard
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6
16GB Gaming Memory DDR4 2400 with Heat Spreader
Hard Drive500G SSD

Are you streaming CPU or GPU? OBS has settings for both, so this might be a configuration issue, but honestly your 2600 probably isn't the right choice if you're live streaming, as it's not all that great in terms of capability.

How long have you had this system?

What is the exact model of the power supply it came with? If you are unsure, take a look. There will be a label on one of the sides of the power supply itself.

How much are you able to afford to throw at an upgrade?

Nov 4, 2020
Are you streaming CPU or GPU? OBS has settings for both, so this might be a configuration issue, but honestly your 2600 probably isn't the right choice if you're live streaming, as it's not all that great in terms of capability.

How long have you had this system?

What is the exact model of the power supply it came with? If you are unsure, take a look. There will be a label on one of the sides of the power supply itself.

How much are you able to afford to throw at an upgrade?

I'm streaming GPU. 1660 ti NVENC.
I've had this system for around a year and a half now.
The exact model of the power supply is the Kratos M1 550B.
I wouldn't want to spend more than $300-400 on upgrades, however if you think I would need to spend more in order to have a noticeable difference I could always reconsider.

What country are you in? That looks like maybe it's a limited region model, maybe middle eastern or Asian, and there are no reviews of it at all but Gamdias is only really known for one thing, and that's really poor quality products. Considering the label shows specs that should equal 720w, with 60a times 12v, but lists only 514w, on a model advertised as 550w. As usually with Gamdias, something is tragically wrong with their maths, and probably also with their product. They usually only have crappy products. I'd be VERY skeptical about that power supply if it were me. Very skeptical.

Nov 4, 2020
Do you think I'd see any difference if I bought a similar wattage but higher quality PSU? Like a 550w PSU from Corsair. Or do you think it would be a waste of money to spend the $100

Buying a high quality PSU is NEVER a waste of money. It is an INVESTMENT in the longevity and performance of the rest of your hardware. It is the MOST important component, bar none, in the entire build. NOTHING else works the way it is supposed to work if the PSU is not working the way it is supposed to work, meaning, providing clean and reliable power in SUFFICIENT capacity, for as long as is needed, while remaining within all specifications for protections, ripple and voltage regulation.

Cheap power supplies, tend to not be able to do that.

Reactions: alexbirdie
Solution

TRENDING THREADS