[SOLVED] What speed am i gonna get with the Nvme Adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibraimo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
I got this
Hot KingSpec M.2 NVME ssd 126gb,
2400mbs read 2000mbs write
but cause it's lower storage the page says it's
1900-1700mbs read 500mbs write

Thing is my Motherboard doesn't have an Nvme Slot
So pay attention to this image
View: https://imgur.com/a/tkLs1ja

As you can see, there are 4 pci exp a x16 x1 x1 x4
But the x16 i'm using a graphics card, so i can't use that one, the x1, i am currently using a x1 adapter, and it gives me, 700mbs read and 400mbs write← ← ← ← ←
Yeah i realize my mistake 5 days after i bough the first adapter, then i bought another one(online), a month later, first adapter arrived and i got the speed above↑
It's not bad i loving the 10 second boot up, but maybe another few days from now another one will arrive

kebidu M.2 NVMe SSD NGFF TO PCIE 3.0 X16 X4 Adapter

This one is straight up fiting the x4 pciexp, and will arrive soon, but i wonder how much speed will i get?
i seen people with x4, x16 adapters and they barely lost speed at all, and most advised not to get a x1 adapter because it reduces the speed significantly, unless you have no choice,
which was when i realized i made a mistake, so don't judge, we make mistakes and we learn from them....

Two questions now
How much speed will get with this new adapter that's coming?
In gaming, what matters most? Read speeds? or Write speeds? because yeah i notice that the 126gb has 4 times less write speed then a 1tb version..

USAFRet

Titan
Hp elite desk 800 g2, please answer question, im not looking for i dont need, just answer what was asked
"What speed am i gonna get with the Nvme Adapter?"

Completely unknown.
Crappy 3rd rate SSD, through a mediocre adapter, in a PCIe slot on a mediocre motherboard.

'Speed'?
The raw sequential speed is totally irrelevant, especially with that collection of parts.

For whatever you use this for, you'd see zero difference between a medium grade SATA III SSD, and in a long write operation, likely no different than a spinning HDD.

Seriously.

Ibraimo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
"What speed am i gonna get with the Nvme Adapter?"

Completely unknown.
Crappy 3rd rate SSD, through a mediocre adapter, in a PCIe slot on a mediocre motherboard.

'Speed'?
The raw sequential speed is totally irrelevant, especially with that collection of parts.

For whatever you use this for, you'd see zero difference between a medium grade SATA III SSD, and in a long write operation, likely no different than a spinning HDD.

Seriously.
well that didnt took long, you gave me info i did not ask for, after I specifically told you not to, i asked what speed would get not what ever random details you gave me, was that too much to ask? or do you want TLDR?

Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.