Question what system is better i7 or AMD

eugzl

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019
Hi All.
I'm planning to buy a new laptop and would like to get suggestion from people who have experience. What is better choice for laptop now: Intel i7-10870H or AMD Ryzen 7 5800h?

Thanks

What will the laptop be used for?
Do you have specific models in mind? The problem with laptops is you cannot just compare specs, the power delivery and thermal design can have a significant impact on performance. You need to find reviews of the specific models you are looking at.

eugzl

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019
What will the laptop be used for?
Do you have specific models in mind? The problem with laptops is you cannot just compare specs, the power delivery and thermal design can have a significant impact on performance. You need to find reviews of the specific models you are looking at.

Hi sizzling. Thanks for reply.
Now I have old Alienware laptop. I'm not gamer. But I would like to buy new with enough power CPU with RTX graphic hard ware.

Thanks.

I don't think it really matters at this point. Mobile CPUs used to be Intel's bread and butter when faced with the Ryzen onslaught on the desktop side. Now? Ryzens are pretty competitive if not better in some ways.

At the end of the day, it also depends on the build of the laptop. A Ryzen 5800H stuffed in an "ultrabook" chassis isn't going to perform as well as one in a more bulky laptop.

eugzl

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019
I don't think it really matters at this point. Mobile CPUs used to be Intel's bread and butter when faced with the Ryzen onslaught on the desktop side. Now? Ryzens are pretty competitive if not better in some ways.

At the end of the day, it also depends on the build of the laptop. A Ryzen 5800H stuffed in an "ultrabook" chassis isn't going to perform as well as one in a more bulky laptop.

Hi hotaru.hino. Thanks for reply.
I'm planning to buy Dell laptop and have a dilemma with what CPU better i7 or Ryzen.

Thanks