What tech-related role best describes you?

What tech-related role best describes you?

• I'm techie enthusiast/DIY techie

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I'm a small business owner/DIY techie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an IT Professional

• I'm an IT Reseller/VAR

• I'm a Technology Student

• Total voters

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Take this quick public poll open to all members of Tom's Community in the Storage section, and let us know a bit more about you.

UPDATE:
To encourage more folks voting in our quick 2-part survey poll, we're delighted to be giving away the following prize from Seagate: (3) Seagate Backup Plus Portable Drive 1TB. Simply cast your vote in this poll and post a response here that you have, and you'll be entered to have a chance to win one of the three Seagate Backup Plus Portable Drives 1TB.

If selected, you'll be contacted by private message and email for shipping details - so please keep an eye out. Good luck, and we appreciate your input!

To enter, simply:
• Vote here and here.
• Reply to either poll to let us know you've voted.
• 3 winners will be selected at random from the total users who have voted in both and posted a response by May 26th.

I would also consider myself a DIY/Enthusiast type, lately I've gotten into component level repair (with varying success). Did my first build ~'91 (386/25) and have built, modified or repaired about 50 PC's since then.

Type75

Reputable
May 6, 2014
Im an DIY PC builder. I originally started building when I needed a new desktop, so instead of buying I built one.

MondoTV

Reputable
May 17, 2014
Own an SMB and fairly tech savvy - built my own 24bay storage server based on FlexRAID (nearline storage for corporate video and TVC projects) plus must have built about 5 or 6 PCs over the years including an HTPC hooked up to a MyMovies server ..

Hutchinman

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2013
I am a tech enthusiast. I am relatively new the ecosystem, but I still have that burning passion about performance and reliability.

MKBL

Splendid
Nov 17, 2011
I'm not an IT guy, but have influence on IT decision in the company. Also, I'm a wild card go-to guy when our IT manager is not available, or unable to find solution, since I have a little bit of knowledge over computer, mostly hardware, but some software stuff as well.

Jaestu

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Voted!! I'm an IT professional with over 15 years professional experience in the defense industry. It's fun and ever changing. Definitely not dull.

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
I simply cannot get enough of computers. If I could sit around fixing, building, and maintaining a group of computers, I would be content with my life.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Voted

Mainly a DIY techie while doing occasional computer services for local businesses.

Other than that, nothing beats building some electronics, and making one off items on some perfboard

l337n00bh4x0r

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
Voted!

Used to be a DIY techie, but got an opportunity through a lay-off to get my degree and now I'm getting paid to mess with computers! Thanks Tom's!