[SOLVED] What to do after buying a used Motherboard

Jul 4, 2021
Hi, next week I am going to buy a friends used Asus ROG Strix B450-F I, and I dont know if I have to reinstall the OS or flash the Bios (because I am a bit scared of flashing bios because all of the warnings it may break and stuff) + last week I already did a clean Windows install and wiped all my harddrives because of a Bluescreen issue which will be gone with the new mobo. I just wanted to ask for tips how to setup a used mobo. Thanks in advance!

Solution
yea no haha I installed 5 games and mods on the C drive but if it is required I'll do it. But the other drives I can let them, or do I have to wipe them aswell? because Ive installed stuff there too
A fresh OS install on the drive will know nothing about whatever else you've installed elsewhere.
Jul 4, 2021
What motherboard are you replacing?
Why are you changing from what you have now?

With a new motherboard, a full wipe and reinstall is generally recommended. Often required.,
I am replacing my ASUS Prime B350 Plus because I found out that it was causing the blue screens because it isnt 100% right for my 3200mhz RAM and my 7 2700x.

Jul 4, 2021
If you recently did a full OS reinstall, then you'll lose little or nothing by doing it again on this new motherboard.
yea no haha I installed 5 games and mods on the C drive but if it is required I'll do it. But the other drives I can let them, or do I have to wipe them aswell? because Ive installed stuff there too