[SOLVED] What to replace a Second AIO Pump with ?

LazyNines

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2015
Hey

I was counting on buying a a NZXT G12 kit with a NZXT x53 water cooling for my graphics card since my fans decided to stop working.

But I already have a Corsair H60 for my CPU connected to the AIO pump on my MSI Z590 TUG GAMING Plus!

Since the Fan of the H60 is on CPU fan header, and my front chassis fans 2 and 3 are where I will put my x53 radiator.
Chassis fan 1 is for the back fan, Where can I safely put my second pump for the x53 at ?

Is it better to use a Chassis Fan as a Second AIO Pump or the CPU_OPT ?
Or is there a better solution like buying one of does Adaptors that can add more fan Headers ?

Thanks in advance :) !

Solution
So I would need to go on the bios and set the OPT Header to 100% and just let it run ?
Wouldn't that mean that the pump would always work on full load and do a lot of noise ?
Or is something escaping me ?

You said the pump, that's what I was assuming. Yes, the BIOS. And no, shouldn't hear any noise unless you're right next to it when it is running.
(why is everyone so concerned about liquid cooling being silent but are OK with it underperforming because of low RPM?)

Be prepared for disappointment with those aftermarket GPU AIO water coolers. In my experience they aren’t much better or quieter than the default cooling fans, and the amount of money you spend on them and the amount of work it is fitting it to a GPU is...

LazyNines

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2015
Most motherboards can switch what type they are, but otherwise, just setup the header to 100% (choose the one you want) and let it run.

So I would need to go on the bios and set the OPT Header to 100% and just let it run ?
Wouldn't that mean that the pump would always work on full load and do a lot of noise ?

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Be prepared for disappointment with those aftermarket GPU AIO water coolers. In my experience they aren’t much better or quieter than the default cooling fans, and the amount of money you spend on them and the amount of work it is fitting it to a GPU is pretty high.

The H60 is a bad AIO and is frequently outperformed by even basic 120mm air coolers costing half as much. Also the H60 has poor quality pump bearings which give out after a few years of use and start to rattle.

With two sets of that nasty black rubber AIO tubing inside your case you will be impeding airflow and likely increasing temps overall.

Personally, I would spend my money on a bigger case with good airflow, a decent CPU air cooler and some new fans for the GPU.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer

You said the pump, that's what I was assuming. Yes, the BIOS. And no, shouldn't hear any noise unless you're right next to it when it is running.
(why is everyone so concerned about liquid cooling being silent but are OK with it underperforming because of low RPM?)

Be prepared for disappointment with those aftermarket GPU AIO water coolers. In my experience they aren’t much better or quieter than the default cooling fans, and the amount of money you spend on them and the amount of work it is fitting it to a GPU is pretty high.

The H60 is a bad AIO and is frequently outperformed by even basic 120mm air coolers costing half as much. Also the H60 has poor quality pump bearings which give out after a few years of use and start to rattle.

With two sets of that nasty black rubber AIO tubing inside your case you will be impeding airflow and likely increasing temps overall.

Personally, I would spend my money on a bigger case with good airflow, a decent CPU air cooler and some new fans for the GPU.

Also agree with the usage of a 120mm AIO...I'd say there is never a use-case unless you have a mITX case and extremely small space.

Rule #1 to always remember: Just 'having' liquid cooling does not mean it performs like high-end liquid cooling. Many times good aircooling is better if it isn't done properly.

Solution

LazyNines

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2015

That does not answer my question but ok!
The H60 is the water cooling I already have (for the CPU) like I said, that as been working just fine for the past year. Runs Quietly and never goes over 40 ° C
The case I never even said what I had, and since I have a Be quiet pure Base 500 with good cable management done, space isn't a problem, and there is a lot of room for air flow even with the X53 tubbing .
And if I went for the G12 kit with a X53 from NZXT is just because here in Europe there are no GPU's on the market but the ones who cost Over 2500Euros... so going for the G12 + X53 will cost me a lot less. Also I went for it because the only fans I can find for my RX570 are from AliExpress, so.. Hell No!

My question was, where do I put my cable for the X53 pump at on my MoBo ? Since the Only AIO Pump Header I have is already in use for the H60.
On a Fan Header ? (Wish I Don't have any left) . On CPU_OPT ? (That I still have). Do I buy an adapter that does One 4 pins connector to two 4 pins connector that I put on my AIO pump header for both pumps ? Would that be dangerous ? Are there any other better adaptors for a situation like this ?

If you could help me out choosing what's better .

LazyNines

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2015

Also agree with the usage of a 120mm AIO...I'd say there is never a use-case unless you have a mITX case and extremely small space.

Rule #1 to always remember: Just 'having' liquid cooling does not mean it performs like high-end liquid cooling. Many times good aircooling is better if it isn't done properly.

Ye, I was talking about a second AIO pump header that I will need for the X53 that will go on my GPU, since I already have the H60 AIO Pump cable on the only AIO Pump header on my MoBo .

And if I went for the H60 is that it makes the PC look a lot more cleaner then having a gigantic air cooler.
And I'm not concerned with noise. My H60 was never a problem with noise. I was just asking if having the CPU_OPT at 100% wouldn't make it go always at full speed. But then I went on Fan Xpert 4 and saw that the Header for the AIO Pump is actually always at 100% because it's for the pump and so not controllable on speeds like you can for the fans .

LazyNines

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2015

PC.jpg

Don't mind the Dust on the front fans :') . It will all be gone tomorrow!

But ye , since the tubing for the x53 will be coming down from that spot under the front fans and go directly down to the graphics card, there is still a lot of room for air flow! Not a problem. And Like I said, if i went for the G12 kit + the x53 it's because there are no GPU's for sale here in Europe. Or at least not any for a price I can spend on a new GPU Right now.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
CPU_OPT runs at whatever CPU_FAN is set to.

the AIO Pump is actually always at 100% because it's for the pump and so not controllable on speeds like you can for the fans .
A puzzling one that I see every now and then...
My board has both an AIO_PUMP and W_PUMP headers. Sure, they ran at 100% by default, not a big deal, as they can be changed.
They have the same curve options for those 2 headers as all the others, whether a pump or fan is plugged into them. I exclusively use Advanced Mode though.

Maybe my board is doing something different...

Reactions: LazyNines

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Ye, I was talking about a second AIO pump header that I will need for the X53 that will go on my GPU, since I already have the H60 AIO Pump cable on the only AIO Pump header on my MoBo .

And if I went for the H60 is that it makes the PC look a lot more cleaner then having a gigantic air cooler.
And I'm not concerned with noise. My H60 was never a problem with noise. I was just asking if having the CPU_OPT at 100% wouldn't make it go always at full speed. But then I went on Fan Xpert 4 and saw that the Header for the AIO Pump is actually always at 100% because it's for the pump and so not controllable on speeds like you can for the fans .

If what you’re really going for is clean looks and don’t really care about performance, cost or noise then sure. Chuck an AIO on your GPU and call it done.

TRENDING THREADS