What type mother board for a 2300?

Could someone tell me what type (style) of motherboard I can replace
in a Dell 2300?

Only one from a 2350 will work - even the 2400 is different.
You cannot use a standard board in these cases - they will require extensive
rewiring and other modifications to take a standard board.

Best bet is to replace the case and power supply with a new board.

"sogs" <nospamrobertv1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Could someone tell me what type (style) of motherboard I can replace
> in a Dell 2300?

Do you know if Dell will sell me a new motherboard?

On Sat, 15 May 2004 11:06:15 GMT, "Edward J. Neth"
<ejn63@netscape.com> wrote:

>Only one from a 2350 will work - even the 2400 is different.
>You cannot use a standard board in these cases - they will require extensive
>rewiring and other modifications to take a standard board.
>
>Best bet is to replace the case and power supply with a new board.
>

>"sogs" <nospamrobertv1@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Could someone tell me what type (style) of motherboard I can replace
>> in a Dell 2300?

Yes, through Spare Parts (you have to call them). A replacement board will
run $150 or so from Dell - compare that with the low-end systems that often
go on sale for $400 or less, and you may find it more cost-effective to
replace the system rather than just the board.

> Do you know if Dell will sell me a new motherboard?

Thanks for the help.

> Thanks for the help.

Dell Spare Parts Phone 800-999-3355 Ext 69937

As a side note, that system can also use the Dim4600 system board, but would
require a CPU with either the 533mhz or 800mhz FSB, and a pair of identical
DIMMs (RAM) to utilize the dual-channel feature.

And it's a refurb board, not new. Oh yeah, then they'll want $150 to send
somebody out to install it if you're not comfortable doing it.

"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote in message
> Yes, through Spare Parts (you have to call them). A replacement board
will
> run $150 or so from Dell - compare that with the low-end systems that
often
> go on sale for $400 or less, and you may find it more cost-effective to
> replace the system rather than just the board.
>

> "sogs" <nospamrobertv1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Do you know if Dell will sell me a new motherboard?

"sogs" <nospamrobertv1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Thanks for the help.

<snip>

Then there's always the ebay option, which is by nature somewhat risky.
Know nothing of this seller, but his feedback % is good - for less than 30
transactions.

Not an endorsement, but check it out:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=mg15679&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Stew

Thanks for the info I'll check it out.

On Wed, 19 May 2004 13:28:15 -0500, "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com>
wrote:

>"sogs" <nospamrobertv1@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the help.
>>

><snip>
>
>Then there's always the ebay option, which is by nature somewhat risky.
>Know nothing of this seller, but his feedback % is good - for less than 30
>transactions.
>
>Not an endorsement, but check it out:
>
>http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=mg15679&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50
>

>Stew