What UPS should I buy for my PSU?

Jan 22, 2019
I do not know if I should buy the cheapest one I found (UPS Forza 500VA 250W) or I should buy another one according to the specifications of my PSU (EVGA BT 450)

What is "VA" and "W" exactly? (in the description of the UPS)

Thank you all, this community is incredible!

kanewolf

Titan
"VA" is VoltAmps (voltage x amperage) and "W" is Watts. You need to use a power calculator or watt meter to get an actual usage estimate. The use the tools on the APC website. You can't buy "too big" a UPS. Although it will hurt your wallet, it won't hurt your electronics. A bigger UPS provides more runtime for your electronics while on battery. Generally I would recommend a 1000VA or larger and get one with a USB port. That way the UPS can signal your PC to shutdown automatically before the battery runs out.

InfoSponge16

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
Volts/Amps and Watts. Don't buy one that's too small.

Get one that will support your PC's overall power consumption for your specific amount of time/budget.

If you don't know your PC's specific amount of wattage (power consumption), Do a virtual build of your PC at PCpartpicker, the site will give you an estimate of power consumption.

Jan 22, 2019

Could I simply buy a 450+ watts UPS for a 450 watts PSU? Or there is another formula to find out.