[SOLVED] What vibration dampening do you use on your PSU?

Jack800

Commendable
Feb 8, 2021
Hello all,

I would like to vibration dampen my new PSU when I install it inside the case.
Specifically, the bottom of the PSU, the back end of the PSU, and even the screws (I'm thinking rubber washers).

Can any of you share with me what you found to be ideal in vibration dampening your PSU?
Also, any additional advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Jack800

Last edited:
Solution
Could I use this for the bottom of my PSU?
the external body of the PSU shouldn't get hot enough to cause any issue with the foam.
if you cut out small strips, squares, etc and place them near the corners or sides it should work fine.

the PSU should be heavy enough that you wouldn't even need to glue them in place.
try just laying the pieces in the PSU platform and sitting the PSU on top of them.
some nicer power supplies and cases come with rubber/foam pads or strips pre-installed to keep from sitting directly on the case platform.
you could easily attach some to either case or PSU.
you can see one example of these:
A00V_131660415634436978Jvvi3rmzF1.jpg

you can also use rubber or plastic washers for the screws attached to the case.
if they don't include any take one of the screws to a local Ace Hardware or similar and have them find you some good matches.

Could I use this for the bottom of my PSU?
the external body of the PSU shouldn't get hot enough to cause any issue with the foam.
if you cut out small strips, squares, etc and place them near the corners or sides it should work fine.

the PSU should be heavy enough that you wouldn't even need to glue them in place.
try just laying the pieces in the PSU platform and sitting the PSU on top of them.

Solution