[SOLVED] what windows os should i use on a vm for older games

Feb 29, 2020
i have a couple of old games on disc that dont work on windows 10 (rome total war, black and white, rogue spear and grand theft auto 3. just to name a few) and i want to install a windows os that will support these games on a virtual machine. (virtualbox)

Solution
You might be able to get them running in DOSBOX. The problem (I have) with running an older OS in a virtual machine is when you don't have an activation key. You have to reload every few months or so.

-Wolf sends
Jul 9, 2020
patches <here is a guy on youtube that plays gta 3 just fine
but I'm not sure about the other 2 cause I only played em when they were new, there prolly are fixes for those too cause they are pretty iconic games.
anyway windows XP is the best for those games if you don't wanna bother with patches and editing files.

Jul 9, 2020
You might be able to get them running in DOSBOX. The problem (I have) with running an older OS in a virtual machine is when you don't have an activation key. You have to reload every few months or so.

-Wolf sends
his games don't require dosbox, thats for much older stuff but its really useful to have it for when you do need it.