What Would You Like to Ask Asus?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dosdecarnitas

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
i really hated that your ASUS padfone infinity is not available for Continent of America

i would really like to see a small notebook-ultrahybrid with decent medium graphic card and a 21:9 format display maybe a 12 inch display with 1776x768 display core i3 with a GTX 650 or 660

slimscraggle

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
When will the Thunderbolt add-on card for the following motherboards be available: The supported boards are the P8Z77-V Deluxe, P8Z77-V, P8Z77-V LE, P8H77-V, Sabertooth Z77, P8Z77-V Pro, P8Z77-V LE Plus, P8-Z77-V LK, P8H77-M Pro and Maximus V Gene?

koolkei

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
will you ever be making anything on the low-end again? because your 'low-end' products right now are pretty 'exclusive', and 'exclusice low-end products' is not what we want in cheap products

To my mind, Asus has the best BIOS and utilities I have ever used.... From $220 on up I use nothing else .... thou at $150 - $220, to my view, the MSI G/GD boards have performed a "coup d'état" since Z77

G

Why do you bottleneck the transformer range with painfully slow storage chips which otherwise have great specs?

8350rocks

Distinguished
To elaborate on my earlier post...

What about an AMD based upper mid-range laptop with a solid mobile GPU like the HD 8870M or better, and an OEM install of Ubuntu?! It seems I cannot find an OEM who manufactures a laptop with Linux installed and AMD hardware. It drives me #*@(&$ batty looking for one...what gives?!

Jacob Frantz

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Why haven't more android manufacturers gone after Apple's dominance in the business world? Businesses love iPads and apple caters to them. Is Asus making strides towards a tablet focused at businesses?

bharatwd

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2012
Dear ASUS, I love the premium motherboards but in the next generation (Z97), can we expect asus to offer better sound quality on their motherboards? Perhaps a built in amp, or a structural design that reduces capacitor interference and thereby delivering "pure" sound?

TheMentalist

Distinguished
When will we see full black motherboard scemes? and what about crosshair v gene, matx amd rog mobo? And last question, when will new rog graphics cards(770, or maybe even a titan rog card) appear?
Thank you

cmi86

Distinguished
Forgive me if I am wrong but why does it seem that about 80% of ASUS's MB efforts are geared towards accommodating intel and their new technologies while AMD based boards have just kind of been the same ol same ol for a few years now and haven't really developed much ?? Anything new on the horizon on the AMD side ?

1991ATServerTower

Distinguished
May 6, 2013
1. Why do you insist on putting PCI-E 1x and PCI slots in so close to the PCI-E 16x slots that they can't be used with 99% of the video cards on the market? ECS is the best example of a board maker who clearly tries NOT to do this...

2. Do you have something against adding an IDE port on budget boards? If MSI, ECS, Biostar, and Asrock can do it, so can you. :p

3. VRM heatsinks - on boards that don't have any, why do you prevent it by not adding holes in the motherboard for owners to mount their own?

PS. I'm still using my ASUS P5K-VM (that I bought in 2008) with a Core2 Q8200 and 8GB DDR2 800MHz ever day as my main computer. Not unhappy with this board at all!

9a3iqa

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Why are your gaming laptops (eg Asus ROG G750JW) so heavy? I like the look of your laptops and I understand they are very durable. But nobody wants to lug a back breaking 5kg around. It defeats the whole purpose of Mobility. In my opinion 3.8kg is the cutoff point for acceptable weight.

BigMack70

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
I want to ask ASUS again about their 39" type VA 4k monitor that they are supposedly bringing to the market early next year. Pricing info (any chance of it being sub-$1.5k)? Release window?

mapesdhs

Distinguished
Can you please release BIOS updates to support Phenom II on all M2N mbds?
The users of the following forum deserve some support for their extraordinary
efforts over the years:

http://www.overclock.net/t/366989/official-asus-m2n-sli-and-m2n32-sli-club

and I'd like to get a 965 on my M2N32 WS Pro which cost raaather a lot...

Apart from that, how about a mbd with triple-slot spacing for 4-way SLI/CF
so one can use 4 GPUs without them being cooked by each other? 8)

Ian.

Tiak

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Do the R&D guys ever have a chance to experiment? And if so, what are some of strangest, un-marketable things they have ever come up with? IE A 2 Processor motherboard, with one chip on either side. Not practical, but an interesting experiment.

Mike Friesen

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
When will 1080p be the minimum in your notebooks? Will it ever get there? Because 720p is old. Hopefully when windows actually provides good support for hi-def screens? (Unless 8.1 does and I am unaware).

a_b

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Why ASUS desktop and server motherboards still does not support SED (Self Encrypting) hard drives and SSDs (ATA/HDD Password)?

aex90832

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Will there ever be a replacement for the U36 models, to compete against the likes of the new Gigabyte P34G "Ultrablade" gaming laptop?
Quad-Core, HD4600/GeForce 760M, 14", Back-Lit Keyboard. SD, etc. Preferably with better speakers than what Gigabyte tends to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS