What Would You Like to Ask Asus?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

One Cool Cow

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
Asus is generally a synonym with PC gaming gear but will you ever take the leap into the keyboard market especially the mechanical keyboard market? Also will you guys begin to make monitors that have over a 60 Hz refresh rate and over 1920x1080 resolution now that display port can handle it?

9a3iqa

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Why are your gaming laptops (eg Asus ROG G750JW) so heavy? I like the look of your laptops and I understand they are very durable. But nobody wants to lug a back breaking 5kg around. It defeats the whole purpose of Mobility. In my opinion 3.8kg is the cutoff point for acceptable weight.

Raffy Sueno

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
WHYY!!!??!?!! :((

Why is there very little AMD presence on the laptop market? We've seen the PS4 and XBONE use it for their systems, why not consider a cheap AMD laptop?

Raffy Sueno

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
What would they consider as the reason for the decline of laptop/notebook sales over the past few years? What are they doing to remedy the issue?

Asus has both android and windows tablets, is there a significant difference in cost in the design and materials between an android and a windows tablet?

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
As a top hardware gamer hardware developer why hasnt Asus pushed to make a super thin bezel 144hz gaming monitor , with monitor prices these days triple monitor setup has become more common. When can we expect this to arrive?

KaaaPow

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
AMD!!! Why are there so few AMD options? There are a million people out there that would perfer an AMD APU over an intel atom or celron processor. And many millions more that would buy such a tablet or affordable laptop if was marketed well and informative. All people see is intel but that could easily be solved by stretegic marketing like making a point that AMD is running the current gaming consols and the new lineup launching this coming holiday season. SUPPORT AMD!!! The industry needs them.

jwoollis

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2007
I would like to ask the following:

Technology Companies develop products and try to provide products which appeal to the widest range of customers, be they consumer or corporate as well as to derive the greatest profit from the least expenditure. If an individual has an idea for a new concept or a variation on an existing concept and wanted to find a way to develop this idea with the help of a company such as ASUS, who could one contact and how might one go about developing such an idea.

insulus

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
Will there be any improvements to ASUS motherboards to combat overheating related failures on stock, underclocked, and overclocked boards?
What are ASUS's plans to combat the obstacles currently plaguing the RMA proccess?

I don't want anyone getting the red donkey over part of my first question, so. I ask because I run underclocked and have two system fans rigged in key places over my ASUS motherboard and now only occasionally have overheating problems. The board is now close to 2 years old.

JayHW

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
Will we ever see a remake/update on the crosshair series of ROG motherboard?
Will we see the new direct CUII come to he gtx 770?
Will pci-e gen3 as well as most of the maximus series features/updates on future crosshair iterations?

Likely quite an internal debate about this one ...

Hold off and clear-out FM2 stock? Release at a higher price point? Release at a higher-higher price point, and drop the price of FM2 to clear-out old stock?

I, personally, would pay the higher premium but I also am more likely than most folks to place a greater emphasis on the Trinity-Richland-Kaveri APU upgrade path.

I think that should be the major point of emphasis by Asus ... and other OEMs.

yutfgh

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
What kind of qualifications would you need to work for Asus,specifically your graphics and motherboard areas?
I'm at uni and love your products so I'm just curious about it.

mjw

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2004
Asus makes some great wireless routers - would you consider making a router like the Almond+ that can bridge between multiple wireless transports including Wifi, Z-wave, Zigbee, Bluetooth, and Wi-Gig? Does asus have any plans to create some products in the Hoe Automation / Internet of things space?

mjw

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2004
Would asus consider selling a build-it-yourself DVR including motherboard, quad-cable tuner, with cable card support (so we can record encrypted cable channels and basically get rid of the crappy DVRs provided by cable companies like Time Warner Cable)? There should not be any subscription fee, but we would need some kind of software with an integrated channel guide. Perhaps something along the lines of the ceton-q but a real shipping product.

Din65

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
Originally there was talks of the original Transformer Book line having a 14" version with discrete graphics in the base. With the speeds of standardized interfaces matching the custom port that was considered necessary before, is there any chance of this level of hybrid tablets returning to the roadmap?

On a personal note, I would instantly purchase a tablet (with an active digitizer, IMO the whole benefit of tablets is the direct input) that could dock to play serious games. But I'm a full convert to dockable computing is the future which is not a forgone conclusion.

stoogie

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
Dear Asus, why do you continue to use Realtek onboard audio, the drivers are absolutely terrible and degrade audio quality by alot, the default assigned windows drivers is what makes it shine, if anything can you please make more boards with VIA onboard or even creatives new chip(though i hated ca20k2 chips immensely due to bugs and emi problems with nvidia northbridges). thanks

mercsniper

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Will ASUS look into entering the Dual socket E-ATX enthusiast market to compete with the SR-2 from EVGA using the ROG brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.