Question What would you want your BUSINESS PC to do better in 5 years?

LOL ^^ @boju

For me, prob a system that is well balanced and able to handle the tasks I use it for (90% gaming). So having enough grunt to play the games the way I want to. That for me is typically high to Ultra settings with high FPS and low latency. Currently my GPU is in need of an upgrade as I'm right at the point where the performance isn't quite how I like it. Specially with Unreal 5 engine based games. They are resource hungry, that's for sure.

By the time 5 years comes around, the GPU landscape could be very different than it is now. There's a lot of discussion about whether standard rasterization or AI enhanced GFX (on the fly) will give that big leap to Cinema like quality of the game assets, and be much more immersive.

Aug 20, 2024
LOL ^^ @boju

For me, prob a system that is well balanced and able to handle the tasks I use it for (90% gaming). So having enough grunt to play the games the way I want to. That for me is typically high to Ultra settings with high FPS and low latency. Currently my GPU is in need of an upgrade as I'm right at the point where the performance isn't quite how I like it. Specially with Unreal 5 engine based games. They are resource hungry, that's for sure.

By the time 5 years comes around, the GPU landscape could be very different than it is now. There's a lot of discussion about whether standard rasterization or AI enhanced GFX (on the fly) will give that big leap to Cinema like quality of the game assets, and be much more immersive.
Thank you. What about your business PC?

I would love to see microsoft put out an update that doesnt brick one of our software at work.

I keep a VM of windows 10 and 11 on the server to test all updates from microsoft and our software to make sure nothing brakes when updated. Which normally means im a week or two behind on any update to test it out before implementing it to the company.