Question What would you want your BUSINESS PC to do better in 5 years?

LOL ^^ @boju

For me, prob a system that is well balanced and able to handle the tasks I use it for (90% gaming). So having enough grunt to play the games the way I want to. That for me is typically high to Ultra settings with high FPS and low latency. Currently my GPU is in need of an upgrade as I'm right at the point where the performance isn't quite how I like it. Specially with Unreal 5 engine based games. They are resource hungry, that's for sure.

By the time 5 years comes around, the GPU landscape could be very different than it is now. There's a lot of discussion about whether standard rasterization or AI enhanced GFX (on the fly) will give that big leap to Cinema like quality of the game assets, and be much more immersive.

Aug 20, 2024
LOL ^^ @boju

For me, prob a system that is well balanced and able to handle the tasks I use it for (90% gaming). So having enough grunt to play the games the way I want to. That for me is typically high to Ultra settings with high FPS and low latency. Currently my GPU is in need of an upgrade as I'm right at the point where the performance isn't quite how I like it. Specially with Unreal 5 engine based games. They are resource hungry, that's for sure.

By the time 5 years comes around, the GPU landscape could be very different than it is now. There's a lot of discussion about whether standard rasterization or AI enhanced GFX (on the fly) will give that big leap to Cinema like quality of the game assets, and be much more immersive.
Thank you. What about your business PC?

I would love to see microsoft put out an update that doesnt brick one of our software at work.

I keep a VM of windows 10 and 11 on the server to test all updates from microsoft and our software to make sure nothing brakes when updated. Which normally means im a week or two behind on any update to test it out before implementing it to the company.

Mar 25, 2024
I don't operate a business but I have a few enterprise PCs for personal use; HP Z series, G3 Minis, Lenovo Thinkpads, and my Thinkstation. I think what the best performance means to me is the usability of the machine despite not being the latest or fastest model. I'm still using all of these older systems for various tasks, the P520 is my main PC, a Thinkpad E560 is my mobile gaming rig, and I also use my 2014 HP Z230 from time to time. They just work for the things I need them to do.

If I purchased another enterprise PC to update my current one, what I would need it to do better in the next five years is just keep working, as in turn on and perform the same every day. Ideally, if I were to update to another business PC, the only thing I would need it for is simple gaming improvement. An example would be updating to a Lenovo T470 or 480 so I can have a more powerful laptop to play games without purchasing a gaming laptop. Everything eventually becomes obsolete, but there is no need to buy the latest and greatest or the most powerful unless you need it.

In a business environment, I guess that would mean that I would only need to update for better computing, something to make the job easier or improve the workflow. For example, my workplace has wrenches of all sizes, but what would make the work easier is a ratcheting wrench to speed through bolts and such. There is also no reason to buy an expensive wrench set when the best value wrench will do the same job.

I'm not sure if that's the answer you're looking for, however.

Ralston18

Titan
I would want a business PC to provide more diagnostic information regarding usage and errors.

More in two ways:

Quantitative reporting - report more about more.

Quality of reports - report clear and accurate details about what specifically what has or is going astray.

That said, I would like the same for personal PCs as well.