What's are some good, modern looking desks that i can use to hold all my monitors, consoles and PC.

zombiehacker

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
So i've gotten heavily into gaming the past couple years, and i've got a pretty neat gaming setup for myself. High end PC, High end monitors, all the modern consoles etc. The thing is though, it actually looks quite bad because i have all this modern hardware on some tiny crap worn down wooden desk from the 90's. I'm just wanting a dark modern looking desk that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Desks like these is what i'm really interested in:

http://i.imgur.com/abgnTQI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Pi68LsV.jpg

Thanks.

Solution
If you are at all handy you may be able to make your own customized desk aka "DIY".

Google "diy computer desks images" without quotes.

You will find many images that will provide ideas or lead to source vendors.

Then as you "learn" modify the search criteria as necessary to match your requirements and situation.

A slab door across a couple of two drawer file cabinets can work very well...

Especially if you can drill holes or make other physical changes to suit. Stain or paint for example.

And visit your local GoodWill store or other such stores. You can often find an old desk that can be cleaned up and reused. Office supply stores often offer returned or perhaps slightly damaged products at a discounted price May find some...

Ralston18

Titan
If you are at all handy you may be able to make your own customized desk aka "DIY".

Google "diy computer desks images" without quotes.

You will find many images that will provide ideas or lead to source vendors.

Then as you "learn" modify the search criteria as necessary to match your requirements and situation.

A slab door across a couple of two drawer file cabinets can work very well...

Especially if you can drill holes or make other physical changes to suit. Stain or paint for example.

And visit your local GoodWill store or other such stores. You can often find an old desk that can be cleaned up and reused. Office supply stores often offer returned or perhaps slightly damaged products at a discounted price May find some suitable desk that way as well.

Solution

Az17

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
If available in your area, Ikea my have some good options at a reasonable price. I actually recently replaced a Techni Mobili L-Shaped Glass Desk with an Ikea "Alex" one. It has built in cable management on the backside of the unit that would work well if your screens were wall mounted.

I'd also suggest looking at Pinterest as there are numerous collections for computer desk setups. Some of the projects are custom jobs like mentioned above, some are using reclaimed wood as well. It's useful if only to get ideas for your own project.