What's mean "Shared with Everyone" folder

armor555

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014
Hi, I see that my C:\Users\Username folder is shared with everyone. What's mean that - with every account on this computer, with everyone in my home network or every person in the web?
My most recent change is to share Visual studio project's folder with my laptop but she is visible only when my PC is turned on and it's connected to internet.
flJSB8r.jpg

"Shared with Everyone" with every user account on the computer.
The folder could also be accessed over the network by the users on that computer if they provide proper credentials (user name and password). File sharing have to be enabled to access the folder over the network.

Enabling file or printer sharing on a public network will allow the or your computer’s data to be shared to other users on the same public network. So, do not enable file or printer sharing for the Public network.

armor555

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014

You mean by entire network or only by mine home network - mine it's secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK, username and password. Of course, my PC and laptop have passwords

USAFRet

Titan

Only on your local network.
Not the entire internet.

armor555

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014
Alright then, I'm understanding now. But another question - will be available and for people who knew password for my network, for example neighbor with smartphone who checks all near networks?

USAFRet

Titan

If he can connect to your network, then he is a member of "Everyone".

armor555

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014

I need first to connect to my network then to enter my Primary Pc username and password. Then have access to shared Users folder

There you go. That's what's required for someone to get access to your files on that folder.
Now you can relax ;)