Question What's the best 32GB RAM stick, and how to search specifically for 32GB stick

mujmuj

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2015
If I pick "32GB" at NewEgg, then it shows all the 16x2 stuffs. But I am specifically looking for 32GB RAM sticks because the maximum my motherboard can take is 128GB and it has 4 slots. So it needs to be 32GB stick. I want to get the best available 32GB RAM stick. How can I search specifically for that (doesn't need to be at NewEgg. Just any searchable website is good).

Adn what will be the best 32GB RAM stick? Is there any upcoming plan of releasing even better one soon?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Use PCPartPicker, it's a little more simplified.

the maximum my motherboard can take is 128GB and it has 4 slots.
No offence but we don't try and remember everything that's said by users, let alone the regulars here on the forums who are trying to assist. For the sake of relevance to this thread, what is the make and model of your motherboard? We can try and look for a compatible ram kit for your build/board.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/memory/#sort=price&page=1
^ you can start there.

mujmuj

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2015
Use PCPartPicker, it's a little more simplified.

the maximum my motherboard can take is 128GB and it has 4 slots.
No offence but we don't try and remember everything that's said by users, let alone the regulars here on the forums who are trying to assist. For the sake of relevance to this thread, what is the make and model of your motherboard? We can try and look for a compatible ram kit for your build/board.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/memory/#sort=price&page=1
^ you can start there.

I am still thinking but I think I will buy either Z790 AORUS Master or ROG Maximus Z790 Extreme. Thank you!

What will be the best 32GB RAM stick in this case? G.Skill Trident 6000 is the highest RAM frequency I found so far for 32GB RAM stick. Is this the best 32GB RAM on the market, and nothing better will be released anytime soon?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
There is a reason no one is selling high speed 4x32GB kits. I would be very surprised if 6000 is possible with 4 sticks. Even if you bought two 2x32GB kits they may not match well enough for that level of performance. For large amounts of memory you typically order non-matched sticks at JEDEC speeds, basically doesn't matter since they will all run at a slow speed.

If you do order it, just don't expect the full speed, you may have to run at 5600 or less to get it all working. And you most certainly want to do some stability testing.

Can't really predict the memory market. Faster speeds are constantly being advertised and the expectation was that DDR5 would reach around 8000MT/s, they already have overclocked memory going to 10,000MT/s. Still early days, what is considered fast now will be standard/mid-range by the time DDR5 is on its way out.

mujmuj

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2015
There is a reason no one is selling high speed 4x32GB kits. I would be very surprised if 6000 is possible with 4 sticks. Even if you bought two 2x32GB kits they may not match well enough for that level of performance. For large amounts of memory you typically order non-matched sticks at JEDEC speeds, basically doesn't matter since they will all run at a slow speed.

If you do order it, just don't expect the full speed, you may have to run at 5600 or less to get it all working. And you most certainly want to do some stability testing.

Can't really predict the memory market. Faster speeds are constantly being advertised and the expectation was that DDR5 would reach around 8000MT/s, they already have overclocked memory going to 10,000MT/s. Still early days, what is considered fast now will be standard/mid-range by the time DDR5 is on its way out.

"And you most certainly want to do some stability testing. "

What do you mean by this? Just in case, does "stability testing" mean testing if the computer shutdowns or shows the blue screen abruptly once four RAM sticks are installed? I am asking because computer started to suddenly shutdown or show bluescreen after I installed four RAM sticks (each 4800 speed).

I talked about the issue here https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/blue-screen-after-installing-64gb-more-ram.3783551/

"For large amounts of memory you typically order non-matched sticks at JEDEC speeds "

What do you mean by "non-matched sticks" and "JEDEC"?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I gotta be honest, I don't think you're even at the point at which you should be choosing which sticks to buy. That you're talking in terms of "best stick" and "fastest stick" is an indication that you haven't given enough thought to what your specific goals are and the components best matched for your goals. Just cramming in as much RAM, at the fastest speed you can find, results in a near guarantee of wasting money and/or getting the results that you got in a previous thread about this. Take a step back and go back to the drawing board; this question doesn't serve any purpose until you're clear as to the whys.

Reactions: mujmuj and Lafong

TRENDING THREADS