[SOLVED] What's the difference between Headbands of Overear Headphones? (see images below)

Mr.Stork

Reputable
Mar 24, 2019
I mean there's one Normal Plastic/metal with cushion Band and then there's a leather strap elastic with metal on top. Which one's comfier?
413T4t+5wIL-600x600.jpg
VS
iu

I'm actually thinking of buying the left one which is GAMDIAS Hebe E1 RGB 2.1 Virtual Surround Sound Gaming Headset

Solution
The Gamdias Hebe E1 uses a Sling style Headrest that in theory balances the weight and self adjusts. The Beats is just a basic padded band that you pull to adjust.

What is more comfortable? It really depends on the size of the headsets, your head and how heavy the headset is and how ofter your moving. Sling style is comfortable but they tend to move around so best if used while stationary, a typically padded headrest will generally be less prone to movement and can be just as comfortable depending on the headset itself.

Sound different between those.

Gamdias Hebe E1
Price- Cheap

Sound-Garbage for use other than Gaming and Movies whereas the experience is average.
Build Quality- Cheap. Cheap...Cheap.. Watch out for the...

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
The Gamdias Hebe E1 uses a Sling style Headrest that in theory balances the weight and self adjusts. The Beats is just a basic padded band that you pull to adjust.

What is more comfortable? It really depends on the size of the headsets, your head and how heavy the headset is and how ofter your moving. Sling style is comfortable but they tend to move around so best if used while stationary, a typically padded headrest will generally be less prone to movement and can be just as comfortable depending on the headset itself.

Sound different between those.

Gamdias Hebe E1
Price- Cheap

Sound-Garbage for use other than Gaming and Movies whereas the experience is average.
Build Quality- Cheap. Cheap...Cheap.. Watch out for the cable it tends to break at the headphone and the top of the volume control. They are comfortable I will give them that.
Verdict- You get what you get for the price

Beats Studio
Price- Nearly 4X the E1
Sound- Terribad for wireless gaming, next to no sound stage which is important for FPS enjoyment. Above-average sound for wireless but there are many wired headsets and even intro monitors that blow it away for the same price and cheaper.
Build Quality- Excellent they are comfortable and durable.
Verdict- Bad for Gaming, good for traveling, Okay for everything else.

Solution

Mr.Stork

Reputable
Mar 24, 2019
Beats Studio
Price- Nearly 4X the E1
Sound- Terribad for wireless gaming, next to no sound stage which is important for FPS enjoyment. Above-average sound for wireless but there are many wired headsets and even intro monitors that blow it away for the same price and cheaper.
Build Quality- Excellent they are comfortable and durable.
Verdict- Bad for Gaming, good for traveling, Okay for everything else.

Thank you so much for this much detail explanation I really appreciate it, I was not going to buy the Beats one anyway, I wam however thinking of buying the SteelSeries Arctis 1 and/or Arctis 3 Can you please compare this to the Gamdias one please. I'll be so grateful.

Thanks again! :)

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Compared to E1

Arctis 1
Price- Roughly the same
Sound- Overall Good across all uses especially music.
High bass slightly bleeds over mids and midrange is slightly recessed " Common issue among the Arctis series". Bass can be inconsistent depending on positioning on your head but every aspect of music is more enjoyable. Mic Quality is also considerably better since the E1 has a metallic sound.
Build Quality- About the same
Verdict-These are comfortable and sound above average, they feel cheap but the sound quality is a little better in every area over the E1.

Arctis 3 "Headset" not the Wireless version
Price- Slightly more expensive
Sound- Overall better than the Arctic 1 but still has the same issues across the bass and mid-range although not quite as noticeable. These are a little light on thump and rumble so bass-heavy music is a bit of a letdown, the A1 is in regards would be a be choice for that.
Build Quality-Good, it's still nearly all plastic but better for the price.
Verdict-The The A3 is the tipping point between average and good, it's not quite there but real close and probably the best you can find at that price range.