Whats the no-cd fix for The Albian Years please?

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Hi All...

Yes, yes, I did it. =)

I bought The Albian Years from those kind people who
bought the creatures games and redid them for XP. It
took over a week to get it from the UK. But I have it
installed now and have my first two breeding pairs
ready to kisspoprock!.

Now all I really need is a proper no-CD fix for C2
since the one in BobCob for XP ain't-a workin. =(

Anyone remember what it is/was?

::hugz to everyone::

~ x0tix

xOtix wrote:
> Hi All...
>
> Yes, yes, I did it. =)
>
> I bought The Albian Years from those kind people who
> bought the creatures games and redid them for XP. It
> took over a week to get it from the UK. But I have it
> installed now and have my first two breeding pairs
> ready to kisspoprock!.
>
> Now all I really need is a proper no-CD fix for C2
> since the one in BobCob for XP ain't-a workin. =(

They probably upgraded the copy-protection when they redid the game.

> Anyone remember what it is/was?

Can't you use <http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/portal.php> after
you made an iso with <http://www.isobuster.com/> ??

hi!
Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

And when it was 2005-08-07, illusion
<Xns96AB8263F8B3ja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.166> was created,
stating that xOtix <also@this.invalis>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> Hi All...
>
> Yes, yes, I did it. =)

Yippy!

> I bought The Albian Years from those kind people who
> bought the creatures games and redid them for XP. It
> took over a week to get it from the UK. But I have it
> installed now and have my first two breeding pairs
> ready to kisspoprock!.

<bg> I *really* need to get a paypal account some time...

> Now all I really need is a proper no-CD fix for C2
> since the one in BobCob for XP ain't-a workin. =(
>
> Anyone remember what it is/was?

No, sorry, can't help you there. I'd guess they changed the copy
protection when they made the engine XP ready... is there actually still
a registry editor in XP? Might be some registry key or something like
that...
Only thing *I* can thing of is using deamons tools and an iso of the CD,
but that means wasting quite a bit of hd space.

> ::hugz to everyone::

Grouphug!
(Not that there are that many people around, but still...)

> ~ x0tix

Glad you could drop in!
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.

<42f677a3$0$11073$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> xOtix wrote:
>> Hi All...
>>
>> Yes, yes, I did it. =)
>>
>> I bought The Albian Years from those kind people who
>> bought the creatures games and redid them for XP. It
>> took over a week to get it from the UK. But I have it
>> installed now and have my first two breeding pairs
>> ready to kisspoprock!.
>>
>> Now all I really need is a proper no-CD fix for C2
>> since the one in BobCob for XP ain't-a workin. =(
>
> They probably upgraded the copy-protection when they redid the game.
>
>> Anyone remember what it is/was?
>
> Can't you use <http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/portal.php> after
> you made an iso with <http://www.isobuster.com/> ??
>
> hi!
> Thomas

I should *really* read replies beofre replying myself...
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

"emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
> And when it was 2005-08-07, illusion
> <Xns96AB8263F8B3ja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.166> was created,
> stating that xOtix <also@this.invalis>
> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
>
>> Hi All...
>>
>> Yes, yes, I did it. =)
>
> Yippy!
>
>> I bought The Albian Years from those kind people who
>> bought the creatures games and redid them for XP. It
>> took over a week to get it from the UK. But I have it
>> installed now and have my first two breeding pairs
>> ready to kisspoprock!.
>
> <bg> I *really* need to get a paypal account some time...
>
>> Now all I really need is a proper no-CD fix for C2
>> since the one in BobCob for XP ain't-a workin. =(
>>
>> Anyone remember what it is/was?
>
> No, sorry, can't help you there. I'd guess they changed the copy
> protection when they made the engine XP ready... is there actually still
> a registry editor in XP? Might be some registry key or something like
> that...
> Only thing *I* can thing of is using deamons tools and an iso of the CD,
> but that means wasting quite a bit of hd space.
>
>> ::hugz to everyone::
>
> Grouphug!
> (Not that there are that many people around, but still...)
>
>> ~ x0tix
>
> Glad you could drop in!
> --
> emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
> (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)
>
> Official AGC feedback maniac
>
> "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."
>
> "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."
>
> "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
> "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
> Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."
>
> Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.

Unfortunately the original registry edit no longer works, even if applied to
the new GD reg. entries.

Don
AmberCreatures
http://www.webpetz.com

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

emmel <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in

> And when it was 2005-08-07, illusion
> <Xns96AB8263F8B3ja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.166>
was created,
> stating that xOtix <also@this.invalis>
> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
>
>> Hi All...
>>
>> Yes, yes, I did it. =)
>
> Yippy!

=)

they are sooo Cuuuute!!!11!!1! =D (C2 norns were
always my faves)

(and just as frustrating as ever) lol

>> I bought The Albian Years from those kind people
who
>> bought the creatures games and redid them for XP.
It
>> took over a week to get it from the UK. But I have
it
>> installed now and have my first two breeding pairs
>> ready to kisspoprock!.
>
> <bg> I *really* need to get a paypal account some
time...

Yeah. Go fer it. I find it really helpful.

>> Now all I really need is a proper no-CD fix for C2
>> since the one in BobCob for XP ain't-a workin. =(
>>
>> Anyone remember what it is/was?
>
> No, sorry, can't help you there. I'd guess they
changed the copy
> protection when they made the engine XP ready... is
there actually
> still a registry editor in XP? Might be some
registry key or something
> like that...
> Only thing *I* can thing of is using deamons tools
and an iso of the
> CD, but that means wasting quite a bit of hd space.

Well I gots lots of hd space. In fact I think I'll
transfer the lot to
my other machine that I only use to display my
reference photos for my
paintings. Then I can just leave in the CD.

Too bad BobCob was updated for XP but the noCD thingy
in it wasn't.
Never mind though... I wouldn't be able to bear
playing with C2 without
BobCob, so I'm grateful to Rhodent and Gordnorn for
making it available
for XP.

>> ::hugz to everyone::
>
> Grouphug!
> (Not that there are that many people around, but
still...)

>> ~ x0tix
>
> Glad you could drop in!

Thank Yew!

::looks around:: Yeah. The quiet in here is kinda
spooky. 0.0

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

"Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote in

> xOtix wrote:
>> Hi All...
>>
>> Yes, yes, I did it. =)
>>
>> I bought The Albian Years from those kind people
who
>> bought the creatures games and redid them for XP.
It
>> took over a week to get it from the UK. But I have
it
>> installed now and have my first two breeding pairs
>> ready to kisspoprock!.
>>
>> Now all I really need is a proper no-CD fix for C2
>> since the one in BobCob for XP ain't-a workin. =(
>
> They probably upgraded the copy-protection when
they redid the game.

>> Anyone remember what it is/was?
>
> Can't you use <http://www.daemon-
tools.cc/dtcc/portal/portal.php>
> after you made an iso with
<http://www.isobuster.com/> ??

I suppose I could but I would rather a more elegant
solution thank you.

=)

> hi!

hiya!

(now where's that darned sig got to...!?)

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

"Don" <admin@amberz.nospam.net> wrote in
infra.bt.com:
<pnipped>

> Unfortunately the original registry edit no longer
works, even if
> applied to the new GD reg. entries.
>
> Don
> AmberCreatures
> http://www.webpetz.com

Yeah tried looking in the reg but it didn't seem to
change anything. BTW, thanks for the great site you
have there.

Anyone seen my lost sig?
=)

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

xOtix wrote:
<s>
> (now where's that darned sig got to...!?)

How's this?
--

~ xOtix :`)^TM
ex-agc FAQ archivist

return email address is invalid.
try: x0tix@my-dejanews

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

And when it was 2005-08-08, illusion
<42f749be$0$11068$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> emmel wrote:
>> And when it was 2005-08-07, illusion
>> <42f677a3$0$11073$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
>> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
>> uttered in alt.games.creatures:

>>>They probably upgraded the copy-protection when they redid the game.

>>>Can't you use <http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/portal.php> after
>>>you made an iso with <http://www.isobuster.com/> ??
>>>
>>>hi!
>>>Thomas
>>

>> I should *really* read replies beofre replying myself...
>
> lol, at least we agreed on something here. That is a novelty <vbeg>

It is? That's new to me...

> Didn't know you used isobuster yourself! Probably for your (*nix)
> laptop.. cd players are battery killers!

I don't use it. And there are better ways of dealing with ISOs in linux.
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

And when it was 2005-08-09, illusion
<Xns96AD50D936458ja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.165> was created,
stating that xOtix <also@this.invalis>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> emmel <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in
>
>> And when it was 2005-08-07, illusion
>> <Xns96AB8263F8B3ja455LWxghlli55sxlt@24.24.2.166>
> was created,
>> stating that xOtix <also@this.invalis>
>> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
>>
>>> Hi All...
>>>
>>> Yes, yes, I did it. =)
>>
>> Yippy!
>
>=)
>
> they are sooo Cuuuute!!!11!!1! =D (C2 norns were
> always my faves)
>

> (and just as frustrating as ever) lol

<g>

>>> I bought The Albian Years from those kind people
> who
>>> bought the creatures games and redid them for XP.
> It
>>> took over a week to get it from the UK. But I have
> it
>>> installed now and have my first two breeding pairs
>>> ready to kisspoprock!.
>>
>> <bg> I *really* need to get a paypal account some
> time...
>
> Yeah. Go fer it. I find it really helpful.

::shrugs::
Would be easier if they accepted bank tranfers or whatever that is
called.

>>> Now all I really need is a proper no-CD fix for C2
>>> since the one in BobCob for XP ain't-a workin. =(
>>>
>>> Anyone remember what it is/was?
>>
>> No, sorry, can't help you there. I'd guess they
> changed the copy
>> protection when they made the engine XP ready... is
> there actually
>> still a registry editor in XP? Might be some
> registry key or something
>> like that...
>> Only thing *I* can thing of is using deamons tools
> and an iso of the
>> CD, but that means wasting quite a bit of hd space.
>
> Well I gots lots of hd space. In fact I think I'll
> transfer the lot to
> my other machine that I only use to display my
> reference photos for my
> paintings. Then I can just leave in the CD.

Bad for the CD, though. Better not need it just for CD checking. Ruined
one that way (stupid drive). Luckily it was no Creatures disk. ;-)

> Too bad BobCob was updated for XP but the noCD thingy
> in it wasn't.
> Never mind though... I wouldn't be able to bear
> playing with C2 without
> BobCob, so I'm grateful to Rhodent and Gordnorn for
> making it available
> for XP.

I guess you can't have everything. Linux probably runs the original C2
fine, I guess.

>>> ::hugz to everyone::
>>
>> Grouphug!
>> (Not that there are that many people around, but
> still...)
>>
>>> ~ x0tix
>>
>> Glad you could drop in!
>
> Thank Yew!
>
>::looks around:: Yeah. The quiet in here is kinda
> spooky. 0.0

::nods::
Oh, and while you are around: What's your music doing? I wondered
lately(?)...
--

<42f900b5$0$11075$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> xOtix wrote:
><s>
>> (now where's that darned sig got to...!?)
>
> How's this?
>--
>
> ~ xOtix :`)^TM
> ex-agc FAQ archivist
> Creatures Community Advocate
> C2 COBs, Carolyn Horn's "Slink's Specials" site
> and other goodies at
> http://web.archive.org/web/20020604071206/http://www.jannart.on.ca/

You... you evil signapper!
--

emmel wrote:
> And when it was 2005-08-08, illusion
> <42f749be$0$11068$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
>

>>emmel wrote:
>>
>>>And when it was 2005-08-07, illusion
>>><42f677a3$0$11073$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
>>>stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
>>>uttered in alt.games.creatures:

>>>I should *really* read replies beofre replying myself...
>>
>>lol, at least we agreed on something here. That is a novelty <vbeg>
>

> It is? That's new to me...

See what I mean?

;-)
Thomas
- --
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

FUZZIE

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Change the shortcut to Creatures 2 to run '"c:\program files\blah
blah\creatures2.exe" /Embedding' (without the single quotes), and it
won't complain about wanting the CD. You lose the World Switcher,
though, since this method skips the running of launcher.exe.

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

"fuzzie" <fuzzie@gmail.com> wrote in news:1123875717.487771.131080
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Change the shortcut to Creatures 2 to run '"c:\program files\blah
> blah\creatures2.exe" /Embedding' (without the single quotes), and it
> won't complain about wanting the CD. You lose the World Switcher,
> though, since this method skips the running of launcher.exe.

Ah! you Darling! *hugs*

Thank you. =)

I can live without the world switcher --though it is VERY convenient.
When I want to switch worlds I just change the name of the one I want to
world.sfc...

Hmmm... Used to be able to do that. :p Can no longer. The thing just
keeps loading the same one no matter that I've changed the original
World.sfc to WorldBAK.sfc and changed the NeuvaAlbia.sfc to World.sfc.
(sigh)
It seems to be loading up the very last world I made with the World
Switcher.

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

"Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote in news:42fb9870$0$11062
$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl:

> emmel wrote:
>> And when it was 2005-08-09, illusion
>> <42f900b5$0$11075$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
>> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
>> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
>>

>>>xOtix wrote:
>>><s>

>>>How's this?
>>>--
>>>
>>> ~ xOtix :`)^TM
>>>ex-agc FAQ archivist
>>>Creatures Community Advocate
>>>C2 COBs, Carolyn Horn's "Slink's Specials" site
>>>and other goodies at
>>>http://web.archive.org/web/20020604071206/http://www.jannart.on.ca/
>>

>> You... you evil signapper!
>
> Well, I do deserve a reward for find it, right?
> Page is gone though :-(
> Thomas

Yes. Here it is: *hug* =`}

--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the

xOtix wrote:
> "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote in news:42fb9870$0$11062
> $e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl:
>
>>emmel wrote:
>>
>>>And when it was 2005-08-09, illusion
>>><42f900b5$0$11075$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
>>>stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
>>>uttered in alt.games.creatures:

>>>You... you evil signapper!
>>
>>Well, I do deserve a reward for find it, right?
>>Page is gone though :-(
>>Thomas
>

> Yes. Here it is: *hug* =`}

<hugs back>

Hey, your sig has mutated!

"The requested URL /~quix0tix/www.jannart.on.ca was not found on this
server." however .. I don't think I was around to see it at that time..
Digital Design and Animation looks tempting somehow to me.. (OOC)
<http://www.blizzard.com/inblizz/fanart> is also always worth a visit
for me.

Regs,
Thomas
- --
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

And when it was 2005-08-11, illusion
<42fb9809$0$11062$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> emmel wrote:
>> And when it was 2005-08-08, illusion
>> <42f749be$0$11068$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
>> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
>> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
>>>
>>>lol, at least we agreed on something here. That is a novelty <vbeg>
>>

>> It is? That's new to me...
>
> See what I mean?

Actually I was talking about it being a novelty...
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

And when it was 2005-08-23, illusion
<430b8292$0$11078$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
uttered in alt.games.creatures:

> emmel wrote:
>> And when it was 2005-08-11, illusion
>> <42fb9809$0$11062$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
>> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
>> uttered in alt.games.creatures:

>>>See what I mean?
>>

>> Actually I was talking about it being a novelty...
>
> Novelties are always new at the beginning. That is when they start to
> change.

You are evil. Anyway, my sentence is missing half. Should have been:
"Actually I was talking about it being a novelity is/was new to me."
--

emmel wrote:
> And when it was 2005-08-23, illusion
> <430b8292$0$11078$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
> stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
>

>>emmel wrote:
>>
>>>And when it was 2005-08-11, illusion
>>><42fb9809$0$11062$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl> was created,
>>>stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl>
>>>uttered in alt.games.creatures:

>>>Actually I was talking about it being a novelty...
>>
>>Novelties are always new at the beginning. That is when they start to
>>change.
>

> You are evil.

/bow

Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR