[SOLVED] what's this weird krrrrrzzz sound coming out from my pc

Xavonium

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017
https://streamable.com/457qva
the noise is kinda overdramatized by my phone, it's not that loud but still heardable
I was playing no mans sky and then the pc is getting hot obviously and the fan were at full power, and then there's this noise. after a quick google search I think it's coming out from a fan somehow but I can't really pinpoint between the casefan, cpu fan or the gpu fan as they're close together, and im gonna ask the question:
  1. Anyone else can tell me if you had a similar noise and what part that causes it?
  2. is it dangerous and what can I do, I can't buy another one

Solution
try cleaning the fans with compressed air or if you don't have that, I use a paint brush - i have a few I just use for my PC.

it could be dust build up. Helps to clean heatsinks as well as dust in them only increases temps.

I have one of those coolers, in a box still. I used an AIO instead on my 3600xt

Colif

Win 11 Master
All I can hear is fans. At least thats what it sounds like.

I would try to isolate the sound if you not sure which fan is causing it.

Generally only moving parts inside PC are fans unless you have an AIO.

what case is it?

Have you cleaned the fans? it could be dust build up

What do you mean you can't buy another one? fan or pc?

Xavonium

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017
All I can hear is fans. At least thats what it sounds like.

I would try to isolate the sound if you not sure which fan is causing it.

Generally only moving parts inside PC are fans unless you have an AIO.

what case is it?

Have you cleaned the fans? it could be dust build up

What do you mean you can't buy another one? fan or pc?
I'm not using AIO, im using the amd 3600 stock cooler which is stealth wraith. my case is aerocool playa, no I haven't cleaned the fans for a long time now. how to isolate the noises, it only appears when I'm playing high intensive games.

Colif

Win 11 Master
try cleaning the fans with compressed air or if you don't have that, I use a paint brush - i have a few I just use for my PC.

it could be dust build up. Helps to clean heatsinks as well as dust in them only increases temps.

Solution

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Try this to help isolate. With the system running and making noise, open the case. Get a long pencil. Reach in and, for each fan in turn, gently push the eraser on the rotating fan blade to stop it briefly, then release. You should be able to tell if one fan is noisier than others.

Reactions: Colif

Xavonium

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017

after cleaning almost all dust in my pc with a brush just like you said, the weird sound is no more and I'm left with an actual pile of dust. Thanks!

Reactions: Colif

TRENDING THREADS