Question +What's Wrong With My Computer?

Ethan Chlan

Reputable
Jul 29, 2016
My computers overall performance is lacking, with video game lag spikes, frame rate drops, and even the occasional crash. This performance issue is seen not just in games, but daily tasks that require virtually no effort for the computer. I think the problem might be hardware related, but I'm not sure. I've done everything I can to rule out software issues. Updating the BIOS, Updating graphics drivers, updating Windows, Resetting Windows. I run two displays at 60 Hz and have tried running a single display, but I've experienced the same results. I contacted Nvidia and they couldn't help me after hours and hours of live chatting. It's getting worse and I don't know what to do. I need help.

I have a screenshot of the problem happening with temperatures and usage of my CPU and GPU. Not sure how to share those on here...

Basic System Specs:
Core i7 6700
16 GB RAM running at 2133
Nvidia GTX 1070
SSD Boot drive

Lutfij

Titan
Always list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

where you list the make and model of each component. For OS, which version are you on if you're on Windows 10. Generically stating specs doesn't help in most cases. By crash, do you mean apps crash to desktop or the system reboots?