Discussion What's your favourite video game you've been playing?

Page 141 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
finished Starfield recently and really enjoyed it.
i keep seeing comments about how the game is broken, has terrible performance and terrible gameplay.
i didn't have any issue with it at all. no crashing or game breaking glitches, ran great with maxed settings + extra tweaks/mods to up the graphics slightly, gameplay was pretty much just an improvement on the Elder Scrolls & Fallout games so played great.

afterwards i reinstalled Skyrim SE/AE to stick with the game style but even with ~100 mods installed including every graphics improvement option(textures, models, shadows, lighting, weather, etc) i could find it still shows it's age and feels very dated.
still fun but i just have gotten used to much better visuals these days.

started Ghost of Tsushima this week and the first couple hours have been disappointing.
maybe 20mins of actual gameplay out of that 2hrs with just constant cutscenes interfering with the gameplay.

keep thinking i'll get the latest Elden Ring expansion and give that a try again.
i enjoyed it when it first came out but just moved on ~1/2 way through and never got back into it.

i hate buying games now because i've got so many backlogged and so many others that i feel like replaying sometimes. feels like i'm wasting money, but new awesome looking stuff is always around the corner.
currently installed:
7oH2IUJ.png

Last edited:
Reactions: iTRiP

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
One thing that I keep on doing and shows best results if mostly playing games, is to start some game and finish it, without opening other games in between, can't get backlogged then and then you can find yourself immersed in the play (how well you're playing and how well the game runs with current settings on currently utilized hardware) most.

Last favorite games:
Red Dead Redemption 2, (twice in a row last month, 80+%complete both times) it's hard but so much fun!
Guardians Of the Galaxy, my second playthrough, can't hardly believe it, such a great game.
Starwars BATTLEFRONT II, just the single player campaign.
EuroTruck 2, I started the game from the beginning again. ( for this game what I said above doesn't count:)
Tom clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos theory.

Here a screenshot of what I have currently, still scratching my head as what to start next:
View: https://imgur.com/dRESIRL

Saw the updates on starfield & hogwarts legacy, Thinking of playing one of those again, but then again maybe best left for when I finally get a GPU upgrade. Then can't fault my last playthrough of either those games, can't recall that I had anything other than a good time last time.

Don't think a Gpu upgrade is coming my way anytime soon, unless I win one (hahah) now that would really let me try out some new titles, can't believe it but my hardware is still working great for the games I have now, so just keep on playing!

Last edited:
Reactions: valthuer

valthuer

Upstanding
Oct 26, 2023
Tom clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos theory.

19 years after i bought it, i still consider Chaos Theory one of the best games i've ever played.

That's probably the reason why i finished it at maximum difficulty :ROFLMAO:

Along with Thief: Deadly Shadows, it tops my list of the finest stealth/atmospheric games.

Back in 2005, my ATi Radeon 9250, was definitely not good enough for Splinter Cell, so, believe it or not, i bought GeForce 6800 for the sole purpose of playing the game at max settings :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

thunderclaw98

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2014
when asked what my favourite game was, and what my experience playing it were, I have five answers.
Borderlands 2; a game i first overlooked but then found the spirit of playing with my father.
Homeworld; a game given to me by my father when i was young, and a game i've truly cherished and adored the entire series of my whole life.
NieR: Automata; quite possibly the greatest story i have ever experienced in any game ever.
Freelancer; one of the first games I ever played, and one that's always stuck with me since. years i have spent lost in space just roaming the cosmos.
And finally: X4: Foundations.
This is my most recent game that i have bought. Yet after owning it for a mere 15 days, I have played 170 hours. that's one third of the highest game time of any game I own on steam. Sure, I own a lot of games, and non-steam games i've almost certainly played for thousands of hours, but in two weeks! i'm hooked.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Currently played favorite games include:
Watchdogs: Legion. Like I said before probably, great gameplay, real enjoyable game, even thou I have some flaws like the radio just stopping play, had to reboot the game every couple of missions to fix that, too bad that isn't patched yet by the dev's, and floating people, other than that smooth gameplay... and how smooth traversing the water in the game is, wow gta could learn something there I suppose!

F1 2022 another season completed, I'm getting great times and awesome fps, real challenging and enjoyable gameplay.

Now I'm doing a play of GTA V pc story mode again, this time I'm skipping the ??? missions to get an alternate game curve of time played!

Latest posts