Whats your FFXIV Benchmark score?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yea that on high, haven't tried on low yet.

same settings with the GPU at stock :

"low" 1280x 720

low.png

GPU and CPU at stock :

"low" 1280x 720

low_32.png

can u post a gpuz screenshot of ur card.And do ur score flactuates mine changes a lot sometime i get 4500.4550.4557.4600.4550 being the common.Why i get scrore about 150 less than urs?

sure, once get home from work I will run the bench again w/ a GPU-z screenshot.

it also fluctuates on my system, weird.

rogue woopa

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
does this work?? a guy on another forum got over 7k with using both gpus and he said this is how.

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/7393-gpu-and-cpu-score-list/page__p__155236#entry155236

....oops he might have sent me th ewrong link theres sapost to be a part that says how to activate both cards during the benchmark

there it is right above the bold print that says selecting the computer for your budget is will say how to run with multi gpus ima try it once i get home from work.

venom2

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010

Its works

A_T_B

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
I agree that this benchmark is sketchy... There was very little difference for me between Low and High.

High: 3139
Low: 3400

I have never overclocked my computer or GPU... Would OC'ing improve these results? And by what margin?

DA RIG:

intel core i7 930 @ 2.80GHz
3x 2GB G-Skill Ram
ATI Radeon 5850

overclocking your CPU and GPU will give you a huge boost in games + benchmarks.

A_T_B

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
overclocking your CPU and GPU will give you a huge boost in games + benchmarks.

Okay, cool. I have been reluctant to try OC'ing because my acquaintances told me it was a 'good way to blow up your new desktop'... I guess they're just being alarmist...?

Would you be able to refer me to a good OCing starters guide? I know that this kind of information is only a google search away, but given your name 'Overclocker', I may as well ask the horse. :p Do you know a reputable starters guide that won't 'blow up the desktop'? :p

check your PM's

zwink

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
There is a final fantasy 14 benchmark calculator that will tell you what score you would get with any card, based on your benchmark score. Check it out... found link from a ffxiv forum.

http://www.graphicscardbenchmarks.com/gpubench/index.cfm/graphics-and-video-card-tools/

Kraze7

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
High 4050
Low 6427

i7 980x extreme 3.33GHz
12GB
1.5 480 nvidia (1)

Awww man you need to OC!!! lol 980x can easily get over 8000 on low with 480 I think. What RAMs are you using?

Since my i7 930 @ 4~4.2 with GTX 480 OC @ 900 got 7500+ on low and 5300+ on high.

zwink

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
You can get any final fantasy 14 benchmark score on any graphics card at this site: its a ffxiv benchmark calculator:
http://www.graphicscardbenchmarks.com/gpubench/index.cfm/graphics-and-video-card-tools/

G

Hello everyone I've ran the FFXIV benchmark on my pc about ten times now and i kept getting a average score of 600 on low and i seriously think that its a extremely low score for the specs my pc has.

PC Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @
2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
System Type: Windows 7 64-bit
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4350

now i read around that my graphic card may be a bit weak and its ATI so benchmark may work odd with it but a score of 600?? i was at least expecting 2000+ on my machine. Please help me i mean how sure can i be that its correct? when i see the benchmark as the cut scene goes it has like no activity going on and the score is going up by one's very slowly.

If anyone can let me know a way to figure out a way to get the real score that would be cool or if i really need to upgrade let me know. please suggest a upgrade if i need any... and something not extremely pricey please XD!

Thank you

loneninja

Distinguished
Hello everyone I've ran the FFXIV benchmark on my pc about ten times now and i kept getting a average score of 600 on low and i seriously think that its a extremely low score for the specs my pc has.

PC Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @
2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
System Type: Windows 7 64-bit
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4350

now i read around that my graphic card may be a bit weak and its ATI so benchmark may work odd with it but a score of 600?? i was at least expecting 2000+ on my machine. Please help me i mean how sure can i be that its correct? when i see the benchmark as the cut scene goes it has like no activity going on and the score is going up by one's very slowly.

If anyone can let me know a way to figure out a way to get the real score that would be cool or if i really need to upgrade let me know. please suggest a upgrade if i need any... and something not extremely pricey please XD!

Thank you

I only got 1783 on low with a 4670, and it is several times as powerful as your 4350 is, honestly you score seems right to me.

Kraze7

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Millz516, I would have to agreed with loneninja. Unless you OC your CPU or get a new video card you won't see much change even if you run the benchmark a 100 times. To improve low score you need good CPU and to improve high score you need good GPU. Also take into consideration that fast RAM also help you improve the scores for both.

G

Ok so i do need a new graphic card.. i was looking at some new cards but not sure which to choose.. any really good ones that are 200$ and under? Thanks again

beelphegor

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
Ok so I broke down and bought a new rig. I decided to go with the one from the 550 gaming rig thing tom's hardware did with newegg a couple months ago.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/cpu-gpu-overclock,review-31923.html

I'm wondering what score you people think I will get with this? I'm going to be playing it on the lowest rez of 1280 x 720 res since that is all my monitor can display, sadly. How will this effect me? I think since it is in low rez I can beef up the AA if there is any cpu bottlenecking? I'm not sure, I know very little about that.
So what do you guys think? Will I at least get a 2500-3000 score?

Status
Not open for further replies.