Discussion What's your MOST favorite MUSIC GENRE ? **currently playing song on your device** ?

Page 22 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Colif

Win 11 Master
why not just listen to it all on youtube?

I have heard its their best in years, I cannot say as my previous from them was Octavarium so a little gap between albums. I only got it cause all the bands I listen to should be retiring soon (lol) so the time between albums is immense.

Tool album on Friday, sort of over the hype of it all, I got 5 albums of their in last 8 months so another is sort of... yawn. Probably still get it same day its out though.

Colif

Win 11 Master
My last "review" of Tool album wsa at only mid point of album, and I was sort of in a rush to hear it all so I could go to sleep... So saying it was too long at that point was cause I still had 5 songs to go

Only 6 songs really, anything short than 10 minutes is just filter - even if one of them goes for 5 minutes but it is what I assume is Tool's version of Moby Dick (refer Led Zeppelin''s version)

4 filler songs seemed too many until I realised that without them, an album with just 6 10+ minute long songs needed breaks in it to not make it too much all at once. Album is at least 85 minutes long, filler songs only last 15 max, 70 minutes is just 6 songs
  • Fear Inoculum - 10.20
  • Pnuema - 11.53
  • Invincible - 12.44
  • Descending - 13.37
  • Culling Voices - 10.05
  • 7empest - 15.44
if the songs got any longer we would be in Dream Theatre territory :)

Since songs so long it will take me a while to find favorites. I had heard half the songs already but the live versions aren't same as album versions.

Last edited: