Discussion What's your MOST favorite MUSIC GENRE ? **currently playing song on your device** ?

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Thx for the clarification.
As I said, I was never informed of what I said that caused the issue as the quote was messed up. I wasn't informed it was a mistake and that's how I was unbanned, so thank you for telling me that.

I do remember someone saying "did you read the rules". I know the person I responded to in the streaming section said "did you read the rules", but i dont think I said that.
Whether I said that or not, it was a mistake, and mistakes happen.

Last edited:

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Thx for the clarification.
As I said, I was never informed of what I said that caused the issue as the quote was messed up. I wasn't informed it was a mistake and that's how I was unbanned, so thank you for telling me that.

I do remember someone saying "did you read the rules". I know the person I responded to in the streaming section said "did you read the rules", but i dont think I said that.
Whether I said that or not, it was a mistake, and mistakes happen.

Yes and for that I apologize, in the future we need to make sure you (or anyone else) understand what for and why, and that was a mistake. I also thought you were told it was a mistake and you were unbanned. My apologies for the confusion again.

As for the comment, I can't link you to it as its been removed but the exact words were actually "You literally didnt follow any of the rules." which while true, wasn't for you to say, and that was after some other similar responses. We really don't need to get into all the details, the warning was justified, and as you said it was a mistake, its over.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX
Yes and for that I apologize, in the future we need to make sure you (or anyone else) understand what for and why, and that was a mistake. I also thought you were told it was a mistake and you were unbanned. My apologies for the confusion again.

As for the comment, I can't link you to it as its been removed but the exact words were actually "You literally didnt follow any of the rules." which while true, wasn't for you to say, and that was after some other similar responses. We really don't need to get into all the details, the warning was justified, and as you said it was a mistake, its over.

Oh, I do remember saying that now that you reminded me. It was just earlier in the thread than when I was thinking. Whoops!

The mod said "I will check with the mod council"
After a few messages, I mentioned I was unbanned. Then the mod said, "Yes the ban has been lifted for now."
No reason mentioned.

Whatever, its done.

Now back to this thread!

Reactions: Rogue Leader
I went into it above, and Colif gives a pretty good short form explanation there. Off Topic discussion in proper places is not against forum rules, however if you are habitually taking peoples topics into the woods this could cause problems.

A topic like this in the hobby section, no big deal. But for example a contest build post where we are asking for builds? Or say someones question about a Win 10 issue that someone goes off on a tangent about their own issue, or discussion with another person who is not the OP about something not related to the question, thats the issue. And even then you won't be banned for it, but you will be told to stop, and if you keep doing it even after, thats where problems can come.

Hope I answered you guys thoroughly enough, let us know if you have questions.

YES, that was helpful....Thanks for your input. Much appreciated. My main concern was this HOBBY section. I thought even under this forum sub-section off topic discussions are not allowed. :unsure:

But anyways, I understand about the "contest build" Topic though. That makes sense.

BTW, please DO correct me if I make ANY mistake here in future, or violate the Forum rules/guidelines....I would be more than happy to accept my fault, and rectify it from my side. Just PM me..... One recent mistake I made was posting a PSU TIER list which was dangerously misleading.

Thanks to @Darkbreeze for correcting me though. :D You guys are AWESOME by the way !