Discussion What's your MOST favorite MUSIC GENRE ? **currently playing song on your device** ?

Page 38 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Can't stop listening to Sebastian Bach's voice !

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghd2bkIadG4
I was just listening to this earlier today. Very good, but not something I would listen to on repeat.

Steve Perry however...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LatorN4P9aA&list=OLAK5uy_kve61SToeMDTxIrG__bH39SA4QAkdy-II&index=1

I'm currently doing a report on this song.

I also just got an ASUS Xonar DG PCI sound card in a PC I bought. I may have to return it since the PC wasn't as advertised, but currently, I am enjoying this card. Much better than onboard audio which doesn't work at all thanks to me breaking my motherboard.

Reactions: King_V

Hey, I used to listen to a LOT of "journey" stuff before. Pretty talented band I must admit. BTW, why are you doing a report on this song though ? Just curious to know, haha !

I too need to buy a new dedicated Sound Card for myself. My previous one broke, so I'm on onboard audio, lol.

Hey, which Sound Card would be the best for both Gaming and MUSIC ?? Any recommendation ? I pretty much suck when it comes to Sound cards though. :unsure: :confused_old:

Last edited:

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
Hey, I used to listen to a LOT of "journey" stuff before. Pretty talented band I must admit. BTW, why are you doing a report on this song though ? Just curious to know, haha !

I too need to buy a new dedicated Sound Card for myself. My previous one broke, so I'm on onboard audio, lol.

Hey, which Sound Card would be the best for both Gaming and MUSIC ?? Any recommendation ? I pretty much suck when it comes to Sound cards though. :unsure: :confused_old:

If you are only interested in gaming and music (listening) then an external Headphone/DAC/AMP is probably a better choice. If you are recording that's a different story and a quality sound card is recommended. It depends on what your budget is.

What is your setup? Do you use headphones, passive speakers, powered monitors?

If you are only interested in gaming and music (listening) then an external Headphone/DAC/AMP is probably a better choice. If you are recording that's a different story and a quality sound card is recommended. It depends on what your budget is.

What is your setup? Do you use headphones, passive speakers, powered monitors?

Yes, I want the sound card for "casual" Gaming, and obviously for MUSIC. I have one Headphone from HyperX. I forgot the Model number though.

I'm using a simple Creative 2.1 speaker system for my PC right now. I have plans to upgrade though. I won't record any songs.

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
Yes, I want the sound card for "casual" Gaming, and obviously for MUSIC. I have one Headphone from HyperX. I forgot the Model number though.

I'm using a simple Creative 2.1 speaker system for my PC right now. I have plans to upgrade though. I won't record any songs.

There are a lot of options out there. I generally lean more towards external amps/dacs, because they are outside of my rig making the circuitry and power dependence separate. All they rely on is the digital signal from my PC and they do all the decoding and amplification.

https://www.schiit.com/products/fulla-1 - This will be more than sufficient to drive a headset. It has a Microphone input if your headset has a Mic. Satisfying volume control potentiometer. But its only purpose is to decode digital to analog and drive your headphones ( and it does it really well for the price).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MFPK7DP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - If you don't have a Mic (or don't care about a Mic) this will do everything that the above headphone amp will do, but can also drive powered speakers or be used as a pre-amp.

Audio gear is a crazy rabbit whole. There are lots of options out there, cheaper than this, and way more expensive than this.

But if I was to add a sound card I wouldn't shy away from an AE-7 from Creative Labs

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...Ehp0OGSMIGxCJ6CmHxAbIAjnMQAxlguRoCgLYQAvD_BwE

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador

Colif

Win 11 Master
not sure who other act in this is
shame last 30 seconds is not the video

there are stacks of songs with the same beats you wouldn't expect work together.

I like James' Brown's new Backing band

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite genre? Hard to choose one, but probably it's Dark/Drone Ambient and Ambient. Second my favorite genre is probably Black Metal. I listen to other genres too including Pop. The only genre I don't listen and can't stand is hip-hop/rap.

Some of my favorite artists: Lustmord, raison d'etre, Max Corbacho, Tor Lundvall, Dimmu Borgir, Dark Funeral, Limbonic Art, Cradle of Filth, Tristania, Sirenia, Tiamat, Samael, Soulfly, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Dead Can Dance, Enigma, Bohren and Der Club of Gore, Katie Melua, Agnes Obel, Triakel, Lana Del Rey...

Last edited: