[SOLVED] whatsapp desktop app uninstalling itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heliosu

Commendable
May 11, 2019
after closing whatsapp if i try to open it, it wont open. it doesnt display any error messages either. i have to reinstall it everytime i open whatsapp. i tried to uninstall it through apps and features then reinstall it to solve this problem but the same thing happened. so i tried uninstalling on control panel and i double clicked on it by mistake (in control panel) and it dissapeared! i think it means it uninstalls itself. if im wrong please correct me.

this was happening while i was using win 10 and i upgraded to win 11 recently and yet this is still happening.

if anyone knows how to deal with this problem please help me. thank you.

Solution
sound like that the issue.
or for some reason, the latest 2.2134.10 wasn't able to put in the main location. did you ran the installation as administrator?

Heliosu

Commendable
May 11, 2019
did you do the install and open/run ?
and when you try to open it again using an old link?
i completely uninstalled it once, redownload the program from the offical site and installed it and still the same problem. what do you mean by old link? if you mean shortcut of the app, then i always try to open the program from there.

Heliosu

Commendable
May 11, 2019
next time, right click on the shortcut and go to the location
icon of the app (one that i keep on the task bar) had turned into those blank white page icon over the night and wont open again. when i click on it, it says "it might have been moved, renamed, or deleted. do you want to remove this item?"

also i just went to shortcut's location.WhatsApp.exe doesnt do anything. Update.exe doesnt do anything either.

but there is a folder called "app-2.2134.10" in whatsapp's main folder. there is two exe files. 1st: squirrel.exe 2nd:another WhatsApp.exe . squirrel doesnt do anything but when i double clicked on the other exe and whatsapp opened!

does it mean that ive been trying to open an old version of whatsapp?

Status
Not open for further replies.