Question WHEA-Logger 18, random restarts - two different CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 16, 2023
Greetings!

I'm getting random reboots since I built my PC on 2020 and never managed to fix it. The only clue that I had was "Cache Hierarchy Error" from windows event log. It occurs either gaming or doing simple stuff like browsing.

I thought my problems would end after RMA both CPU (Ryzen 5 3600) and GPU (RX 5700 xt). I got a refund from the CPU, from which I bought a Ryzen 7 5800x3d, and the GPU was fixed (the report said it had a corrupted BIOS).

Surprisingly I'm experiencing the same problem.

My specs:
MOBO:
MSI Bazooka v2 B450m
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3d
Graphics: Gigabyte RX 5700xt 8gb
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x8gb, 3000mhz BL8G30C15U4B
PSU: XPG 650w 80Gold

Mobo BIOS is up to date, so are the chipset and gpu drivers. I also tried set the RAM timings manually with DRAM calculator.
Tested my GPU and DIMMs on another system, nothing happened.
Tested another GPU (RTX 3060), same error.
Tested another 2x8gb 3200mhz DIMMs, same error.
Checked wall outlet and PSU voltage (12v, 5v and 3,3v) with a multimeter, everything seems to be ok

Am I just too lucky and bought two faulty CPUs in a row?

PS.: sorry about the mistakes, english isn't my native language

May 16, 2023
cache hierarchy error doesnt always mean faulty CPU

power delivery could be incorrect (PSU/mainboard/bios settings)
what is your vsoc and vddg voltages?
also run memtest

"Incorrect" ou mean that the mobo may not be managing power correctly? As for bios settings, i'm running everything on stock. The one thing I tried to change was the "Kombo Strike" option but I got cache hierarchy errors too.

alongside with memtst86, run occt cpu test

I ran memtest for about 2 hours and didn't got any error. I also ran OCCT memory and cpu test for 30 minutes with no errors.

Since I tried with different RAM sticks (2x8 HyperX and 2x8 Crucial) and different GPU do you guys think I can rule out these two parts? The person that I borrow the GPU also use mine GPU and RAM and didn't get any errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.