Mar 20, 2022
Hi, since the start of February until now, i have been getting lots of issues with my internet, sometimes i get lots of WHEA Logger Events ID 17 that slows down my pc, and after some time with the events, my internet disables, when that happens, i can't shutdown my pc or restart it, since it gets stuck and then crashes.

Also sometimes i turn on my pc and after some time, it gets stucks and crashes with the Stopcode: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

After the crashes, i don't have internet, and i have to shutdown and turn on my pc like 2 or 3 times until i have it again. Sometimes after crashes i still have internet.

WHEA LOGGER ID 17 A Corrected Hardware Error has Ocurred is caused by:

INTEL(R) PCI EXPRESS ROOT #14 - 06B5
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06B5&SUBSYS_1E911043&REV_F0

This thingy is directly connected my MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card.

I also checked the dump file, and it says the problem is caused by: mtkwl6ex.sys

I have tried to automatically install the Internet Drivers, but nothing happens, maybe some of you would have a better idea for installing these.

ASUS TUF GAMING F15 FX506LI
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10300H CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2496 Mhz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti

Last edited:
Reactions: pizza911
Mar 20, 2022
Have you gone to mediatek site and got the latest driver. It is not uncommon for windows updates to break all kinds of stuff lately. Wifi6 drivers are getting better but they still get lots of updates for bugs.
I checked the site, but i couldn't find any drivers for the WLAN Card i have.

Also i updated it from the ASUS Website but its still failing sometimes.

That is very strange mediatek site does not have driver support, been a while since I was on their site. I am not sure I would trust some of the random sites that claim to have drivers. It is also strange you can't get updated drivers from asus. I do find drivers on lenovo but I am not sure if they are the same.

Mostly what I found were people complaining about this card. If the laptop doesn't require too much disassembly maybe consider replacing the wifi card with a intel ax200 it is fairly cheap. You might also consider ax210 which is wifi6e.

Mar 20, 2022
I will consider the idea of changing the WLAN Card, thanks, also it isn't that the WLAN card doesn't update, it updates but i think is incompatible or something because it crashes more when i update it to the latest version.

Mar 20, 2022
@Whiskhher i am having the same laptop like you and getting the same issue, did you find any solution. Please tell as soon as possible

Regards

The issue with this laptop model is the Wi-Fi card, it works horrible bad, and maybe what can fix it its changing it for another model, maybe from Intel.

I haven't changed the Wi-Fi card, but something that has helped me to have no crashes and working Internet, its installing the Mediatek driver from the Lenovo Page, and changing the Internet from ax to ac. You have to be sure to install a driver with the same model you have, and I recommend un installing the older driver software before installing the new one.