Question WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR [BSOD] - occurs more frequently with reduced PC usage.

Aug 7, 2024
I have been getting a WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD for a while now. Probably for more than a year. I've tried on occasion to identify the issue, without success.

One of the reasons I've struggled to find the issue, and had a lack of will to do so; is because the issue is far and away more frequent when I am using my PC less, or when I don't use it for a while.

If I go on holiday I return to frequent BSOD's of death with this error on day one, then by the second day after returning they're reduced, and usually a few/couple of days after getting back I am not getting errors any longer.

Recently I've been rather busy so my PC usage at home has hit a long time low, which seemingly has led to more frequent errors, as I am often not using my PC for a few days at a time. Then I come back to a few days of issues, and then I don't use it again for a bit - repeat. So now I'd finally like to solve this.

My temperatures are good, and I've recently applied new thermal paste to help with that. I also today ran a few stress tests on my GPU (FurMark), and RAM (y-cruncher & memtest86). I cannot seem to solve the issue.

I know this error is attached to hardware, so I've re-seated my PC parts, and in previous bouts of this issue have seemingly seen reductions in this error. However, it's hard to tell what is causing it still.

Hard gaming and stressing the system do not seem to connect to it too much? I seemingly BSOD randomly and as the PC pleases, and sometimes get hours of gaming in, and then BSOD while doing very little at all.

I am happy to provide any further information. I have attached my DxDiag, and can provide any other system/hardware information. I am mainly looking for good ways to diagnose this issue. Because I'll happily replace the part that needs replacing, but I don't want to go out buying PC part after PC part to find out what is broken.

DxDiag