I have a PC I custom built about a year ago with the following specs:

Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F
Processor: Ryzen 7 3800XT
RAM: 32GB 4x8GB 3600MHz Corsair DDR4
GPU: AMD Reference 6700XT
Storage 1: SN750
Storage 2: 870 QVO
PSU: CX750M

I recently swapped out my old 3800X that was having turbo issues with a preowned 3800XT that spent its life playing Battlefield under a Corsair AIO. Since installing it in my PC, I have had several instances of the PC hard restarting. WHEA warnings are up in the 400s, with about 30 every couple seconds before the crash. Turning off my DOCP profile in BIOS fixes this issue entirely. However, my RAM is running at 2133MHz without the DOCP profile enabled. I know nothing about how DOCP works, and just choose the defaults when selecting the profile from the AI Tweaker page on my BIOS. Is there a way I can run my RAM in 3600MHz without all the issues?

Good evening,
I have a PC I custom built about a year ago with the following specs:

Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F
Processor: Ryzen 7 3800XT
RAM: 32GB 4x8GB 3600MHz Corsair DDR4
GPU: AMD Reference 6700XT
Storage 1: SN750
Storage 2: 870 QVO
PSU: CX750M

I recently swapped out my old 3800X that was having turbo issues with a preowned 3800XT that spent its life playing Battlefield under a Corsair AIO. Since installing it in my PC, I have had several instances of the PC hard restarting. WHEA warnings are up in the 400s, with about 30 every couple seconds before the crash. Turning off my DOCP profile in BIOS fixes this issue entirely. However, my RAM is running at 2133MHz without the DOCP profile enabled. I know nothing about how DOCP works, and just choose the defaults when selecting the profile from the AI Tweaker page on my BIOS. Is there a way I can run my RAM in 3600MHz without all the issues?
which whea it is? bus interconnect?
if its this one, then infinity fabrics (FCLK) needs more voltage at 1800mhz
which would be
SOC - 1.1 - 1.2v
VDDG IOD - 1.0 - 1.1v
here is voltage range for ryzen 3000 at 3600MHz ram
voltage will vary with each cpu sample, some can handle lower voltage, some needs a tad more

if you dont want to toy with voltages, then you can also reduce ram clock to something more stable...try 3533 for example

Last edited:

McJones9631

Prominent
Apr 22, 2021
which whea it is? bus interconnect?
if its this one, then infinity fabrics (FCLK) needs more voltage at 1800mhz
which would be
SOC - 1.1 - 1.2v
VDDG IOD - 1.0 - 1.1v
here is voltage range for ryzen 3000 at 3600MHz ram
voltage will vary with each cpu sample, some can handle lower voltage, some needs a tad more

if you dont want to toy with voltages, then you can also reduce ram clock to something more stable...try 3533 for example

Here is what my WHEA warnings say. I know absolutely nothing about them, just that they're showing up. I'll attempt downclocking the RAM and report back if that solves my issue.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
WHEA 19 is the Fclock error. Many Ryzen CPUs top out at 1800 Mhz Fclock and if you try to go higher, you get WHEA 19 errors. I don't know what error 20 is. Doesn't 'Details' tell you more what hardware failed? Here is the definition of WHEA: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Hardware_Error_Architecture
So it is a hardware failure of some kind. Doesn't mean it's broken. There's errors, there's warnings. Different severity-levels.

I read on the Windows forums about a guy who had error 20 and it got fixed by installing chipset drivers. Wouldn't hurt to try.
Other than that, it could be silicon variance. The replacement 3800XT maybe just isn't as good as your old one. It happens. Maybe something needs a bit more voltage.
Are you running Auto on the CPU? No manual-set voltage? If you are just running the defaults and PBO on, I would leave it as is.

4 sticks of RAM will be harsher on the Integrated MemoryController (IMC). These vary in quality too. Maybe it needs a little help, along with the interconnects. Did you try what Kerberos advised?

At least on my Asus Mobo, I can select XMP/DOCP and then select the RAM speed, both up and down. These will be 2 separate settings. Try at 3000/3200/3400, any of them.
Example picture: https://preview.redd.it/9l6is0t4bdk...bp&s=bd3135b3ef21182145d00cbc0bae0cd2784f4e8e

Last edited: