Question "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" BSOD after playing games ?

tbhcam

Honorable
Aug 3, 2017
So I bought this system from NZXT BLD a few years ago. Around February of last year, my game was bluescreening after playing games or just after being on it after a while. Then if I turned it off completely and turned it back on, either it would
  1. Turn back on and then blue screen after being on for a little bit or
  2. The monitors would not have any signal and just be black. Or
  3. Be completely fine until I started a game back up again
I messaged support and they told me to look at the debug lights when it turns back on and I noticed my CPU light was on. So I ended up buying a more powerful CPU and all was good for about a year until around a few months ago when I was having the same issue again.
I contacted NZXT support again to see what I could do and they told me to look at the memory.dmp files and when I used a program to look at them, a few of them said some random stuff and another one of them said something about memory.

The bluescreen error I get is:
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

I was getting confused because replacing the CPU fixed it for a while, but now it’s doing it again and that was between playing somewhat more intense games since I fixed it again.
I had task manager open when it crashed this last time and my CPU usage was high (around 80) and my memory was at 60 something percent.

So I bought this system from NZXT BLD a few years ago. Around February of last year, my game was bluescreening after playing games or just after being on it after a while. Then if I turned it off completely and turned it back on, either it would
  1. Turn back on and then blue screen after being on for a little bit or
  2. The monitors would not have any signal and just be black. Or
  3. Be completely fine until I started a game back up again
I messaged support and they told me to look at the debug lights when it turns back on and I noticed my CPU light was on. So I ended up buying a more powerful CPU and all was good for about a year until around a few months ago when I was having the same issue again.
I contacted NZXT support again to see what I could do and they told me to look at the memory.dmp files and when I used a program to look at them, a few of them said some random stuff and another one of them said something about memory.

The bluescreen error I get is:
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

I was getting confused because replacing the CPU fixed it for a while, but now it’s doing it again and that was between playing somewhat more intense games since I fixed it again.
I had task manager open when it crashed this last time and my CPU usage was high (around 80) and my memory was at 60 something percent.
Full pc specs?

tbhcam

Honorable
Aug 3, 2017
Full pc specs?
Whoops sorry I knew I forgot to put something in haha
Running Windows 11 (it also did this in windows 10)
Motherboard: MSI Z-390A Pro
Graphics Card: GeForce RTX 2070 Super
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz
RAM: Gskill 16gb
I can’t find my order paper so I can’t tell exactly what kind of ram I have

I went to see if I could pull some of my info up after not being on my computer for around 10-12 hours and it immediately bluescreened again too.

tbhcam

Honorable
Aug 3, 2017
I looked into a few other forums to see what their issues were and I saw something about running Prime95 for stress testing the CPU and RAM. I started it and when I think it was almost done it bluescreened and now when I try to turn my computer back on it starts to load up and bluescreen immediately, no matter how many times I turn it on or off.

tbhcam

Honorable
Aug 3, 2017
Try with one stick of ram in the second slot from the cpu out, test each on it's own. Might even try one stick at a time in all slots if this one doesn't let the pc start without bsod. If the pc starts that way try memtest 86 and see if you can see if either stick is faulty.

MemTest86 - Official Site of the x86 Memory Testing Tool
I haven't tried memtest yet but here's what I just did:
I had a RAM stick in the 2nd slot and the 4th slot in my motherboard. I took out the one that was in the 2nd slot and booted my computer up and it booted up fine.
I turned it off, took the stick that was in the 4th slot out and replaced it with the stick that was in the 2nd slot and it booted up fine.
So then I basically flip flopped them and it still turned on fine. I just turned my computer back on and I haven't ran any tests yet but it was able to get past POST or whatever issue I was having before after running Prime95.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Do the full 4 passes of memtest86 per stick in the second slot from the cpu and see if that gives errors.

Might want to check the pins in the socket of the cpu as well, make sure the cooler afterwards is put back snug on all corners. Too much pressure on one side might give issues as well.

What bios version is the motherboard on?

tbhcam

Honorable
Aug 3, 2017
Do the full 4 passes of memtest86 per stick in the second slot from the cpu and see if that gives errors.

Might want to check the pins in the socket of the cpu as well, make sure the cooler afterwards is put back snug on all corners. Too much pressure on one side might give issues as well.

What bios version is the motherboard on?
I just tried to run memtest and just before 10 minutes in it froze up and I had to restart my computer. I’m trying to boot it back up with different RAM sticks in slot 2 or flip flopped and now I’m not getting signal on my computer and the LEDs on my keyboard and mouse aren’t starting up, and this has happened before when I was having issues with the BSOD. As for BIOS version I just saw you asked and am unable to see the version of it right now

EDIT: And the Debug CPU light comes on with the no signal from my monitors and lights not turning on

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Take the ram out, then do a clear cmos, after that try with one stick again.

Anyway you can borrow ram? maybe from a friend or neighbour ...

Trying to see if this might be a ram or motherboard issue.

What psu in the system? should be a sticker on the side of it.

tbhcam

Honorable
Aug 3, 2017
Take the ram out, then do a clear cmos, after that try with one stick again.

Anyway you can borrow ram? maybe from a friend or neighbour ...

Trying to see if this might be a ram or motherboard issue.

What psu in the system? should be a sticker on the side of it.
i got it to turn on and it failed the test again at the same spot

I’m trying to see if one of my friends has some I can borrow

for the power supply I’m unable to see the sticker but I think it’s some sort of bronze 80 plus. I wish I had the invoice paper haha

tbhcam

Honorable
Aug 3, 2017
I just got bought some new RAM and if it didn’t end up working I was either gonna keep it or return it. As soon as I started it up it bluescreened then I turned it back on and ran a stress test and after a few minutes it bluescreened again. Gonna have to see what else it could be.

tbhcam

Honorable
Aug 3, 2017
Never realized that i didn't have an answer for the bios, you can use "dxdiag " to see what version you have or just check in the bios.
I ended up having one of my friends look at it and it was acting just fine with them. Stress tests ran fine, was able to play screens without the BSOD. I had a suspicion about the power surge strip. I got a new one and plugged everything in and it’s been fine ever since. So a literal $10 solution.

Reactions: Vic 40