Question When I have 2 8gb ram sticks slotted my PC works however, when I plug 4 in my graphics card the graphics card will not turn on, anyone know why?

Sep 8, 2020
I attempted to install 4 8GB ram sticks in my PC and when I did that the light on my graphics card will not turn on. The "GEFORCE RTX" doesn't glow. I have a 750-watt power supply. My pc works with the two ram sticks but not with four. Anyone know what can be the cause of this issue. Thanks in advance.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
So you're trying to add 2x4GB to an existing 2x8GB config?

Doesn't have anything to do with your GPU here.

Mixing & matching RAM can be problematic, and can lead to a 'no POST' situation - mixed timings/speeds etc can cause no POST or requires retraining to find the common denominator in terms of speed/timings.

Please post your full system specs, including model/speed/timings of both kits of memory.

Sep 8, 2020
No I am attempting to install 2 additional 8 gb ram sticks. All four are the same. My pc works with 2 and has worked with two but with the additional ram sticks it doesn’t power on my graphics card.
I don’t know my spec my friend built my pc and told me what parts to get.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
No I am attempting to install 2 additional 8 gb ram sticks. All four are the same. My pc works with 2 and has worked with two but with the additional ram sticks it doesn’t power on my graphics card.
I don’t know my spec my friend built my pc and told me what parts to get.

Ah, sorry, misread that.

You say they're "the same", but that's rarely true. Even the same RAM models can have variations from A.N.Other kit sold separately - That's why RAM is sold in 'kits' or either two or four modules and tested to work together.

If you try one of your existing modules with one of the new, what happens?
Do all four modules work independently of each other?