Question When I Shutdown my PC, USB devices can turn it on??

aronbchek

Honorable
Nov 29, 2017
I am use to USB devices waking a computer from sleep. In my bios I changed it to be woken up from sleep with USB devices. But I never had it wake up in an off state before. I'm not sure why this build is doing this to me. All my other builds act just fine, waking up from usb in sleep, staying off when shut down.

The problem is, when I uncheck usb wake up device in bios, then I cannot wake up my pc from a sleep state. So I am in a dilema because I dont want to have to press the power button all the time. I checked the power settings and I don't think it made any lick of difference. This windows 10 update kinda screwed me and made reading the power settings tab more difficult (the advanced power settings toolbox). I am at a loss. I want my peripherals to only wake from sleep not from shutdown. Anyone else have this feature for their computer?

I suggest you try the following settings in the BIOS:

1. Go to Settings > Advanced > Power Management Setup.
  2. Enable EuP 2013
  3. Go to Settings > Advanced > Wake Up Event Setup.
  4. Enable Resume by USB Device
In the manual, it notes under EuP 2013:

Note: When enabled, the system will not support S4 & S5 wake up by USB, PCI and PCIe devices.

For your information, S5 is the shutdown state. S4 is the hibernate state.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/kernel/system-sleeping-states