Question When I turn on my pc everything seems as usual but there is no display

Aug 9, 2024
Yesterday I spilled a bit of orange juice on my desk and some drops fell on top of my pc case, I quickly unplugged the computer, most of the juice fell on top of my watercooler's radiator and because it has a dust filter on top not a lot of it made it inside the pc. I opened it and cleaned the drops I saw, there wasn't much at all just some very small drops here and there. I left it open overnight to air out and removed the radiator leaving it slanted so the juice would flow out (in the morning I had a small juice stain on my carpet so some of it got out). I also removed the gpu which was completely dry along with the ram, I'd estimate the inside of the pc was 99% dry just for context. This afternoon I put the radiator back in with one stick of ram and tried turning it on, it sounded like it always does with nothing alarming going on however no image is displayed on my monitor. I then tried to put the gpu back in and same thing happened.

How would I go about diagnosing the issue and what should I try first?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pc specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
Cooler: NZXT Kraken x63
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX ATX AM5 Motherboard
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
GPU: MSI VENTUS 3X OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case
Power supply: Corsair RM850x (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Last edited:

DaleH

Notable
Mar 24, 2023
Yesterday I spilled a bit of orange juice on my desk and some drops fell on top of my pc case, I quickly unplugged the computer, most of the juice fell on top of my watercooler's radiator and because it has a dust filter on top not a lot of it made it inside the pc. I opened it and cleaned the drops I saw, there wasn't much at all just some very small drops here and there. I left it open overnight to air out and removed the radiator leaving it slanted so the juice would flow out (in the morning I had a small juice stain on my carpet so some of it got out). I also removed the gpu which was completely dry along with the ram, I'd estimate the inside of the pc was 99% dry just for context. This afternoon I put the radiator back in with one stick of ram and tried turning it on, it sounded like it always does with nothing alarming going on however no image is displayed on my monitor. I then tried to put the gpu back in and same thing happened.

How would I go about diagnosing the issue and what should I try first?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pc specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
Cooler: NZXT Kraken x63
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX ATX AM5 Motherboard
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
GPU: MSI VENTUS 3X OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case
Power supply: Corsair RM850x (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
"This afternoon I put the radiator back in with one stick of ram and tried turning it on, it sounded like it always does with nothing alarming going on however no image is displayed on my monitor. I then tried to put the gpu back in and same thing happened." Confused: I wouldn't expect any image on the monitor with the GPU removed. Does the CPU have integrated graphics?