Question When PC is powered off, monitor flashes different colours instead of turning off

Apr 11, 2022
I just built a new PC and got a new monitor as well. The monitor I'm using is the Sceptre 24" Gaming Monitor 1080p Nebula White 2022 (E248B-FWN168W). When I put my PC to sleep, shut it down, or even when my PC display is supposed to turn off after 10 mins of inactivity while the system is still running, my monitor display doesn't shut off. Instead, it cycles through a bunch of different colours like red, blue, green, pink, etc. I've tried going through the monitor settings and the user guide but can't find anything about how to resolve this issue. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

= = = =

Start by testing another known working monitor on your new PC. Try your current monitor on another known working PC.

Determine if the flashing follows the monitor or stays with the PC.

Next try temporarily turning off/disabling all screen savers, power savers, etc..

Determine if the flashing ends. If so then restore the screen savers, power savers one by one to discover if the flashing begins again. Allow time between the restorations.

Lastly, try manually downloading the applicable GPU drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Are you using the default Windows Monitor drivers? You can check the Monitor drivers via Device Manager.

Go to Sceptre's website. Some monitors now have drivers that you may need to install.

TRENDING THREADS