Question Whenever I download something nothing else will process

Sep 5, 2021
So I already know the title is basically the answer but this is different. I used to be able to download many things at once. I reinstalled windows 10 home edition on my ssd. When windows 10 was on my hdd I could download steam games and watch youtube fine. But now when I'm downloading from steam, orgin or epicgames it seems like it will just focus on one thing and cannot spread it out evenly like it did before. When I download from steam the downloads menu doesn't load in the picture because how bad it's hogging the wifi. I've made sure to isolate the problem by trying downloading things from other programs and try watching youtube at the same time. I can download fine it's just that nothing else will work that is wifi dependent. So I've been trying to find answers and so far nothing has worked. I just find it odd that I could do it before but I cannot even do 2 things at once now. I have decent internet as well as it's 100 up speed and 5 down speed. So I have no clue what's going on.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Use Resource Monitor and Task Manager (use both but only one at a time) to gain an understanding of what all is running on your computer, what resources are being used, and to what extent (%) any given resource is being used.

Observe while just downloading Steam games, Observe while just watching YouTube. Then observe while doing both at the same time.

If you could do it before then the key is to identify what may have changed or otherwise created a bottle neck.

Also: make and model router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue. Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.

And how are you measuring the speeds? Download is usually much faster than upload - so I am wondering a bit about the speeds being measured.....