Question Where are the 5600x drivers?

AlexTheFern

Notable
Jan 21, 2021
On the drivers and supports page, I chose this path: Processors>AMD Ryzen processors> AMD Ryzen 5 Desktop Processors>and then I can't find 5600x

edit: using the search bar will not show it either

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
There are no CPU specific drivers.
What you do want is the AMD Chipset drivers for your motherboard.
If you have an X570 Motherboard then you should download and install the AMD X570 Chipset drivers.
If you have a different chipset on your motherboard then download the AMD chipset drivers for your specific chipset (B550, X470, B450, etc.).

I questioned this too when I first got my 5600X and sent a request to AMD to ask why it wasnt listed, (when all the other 5000 series cpu's are listed.) Apparently there was a problem with Ryzen Master and the 5600X when it was first released, they said they would fix the bug, (which I believe they did,) and were supposed to update the support page to include the 5600X but they never did. You can download Ryzen Master separately though.

Reactions: AlexTheFern

ronaldjanr

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
I can confirm this theres still no chipset drivers for 5600x.. which will result to 5600x having no power plan(ex. Amd ryzen balance, ultimate performance etc..) on power management in windows 10

I can confirm this theres still no chipset drivers for 5600x.. which will result to 5600x having no power plan(ex. Amd ryzen balance, ultimate performance etc..) on power management in windows 10
That's because chipset drivers are found listed under the particular chipset on the motherboard, not the CPU. You get everything needed for the CPU when you install them.

Except I don't think the Ryzen power plans are needed with 5000 series CPU's so they may not install with the chipset drivers. I may be wrong though as I don't have one, but if I am right that may be why you don't have any Ryzen power plans.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Chipset drivers come with 'AMD Processor Power Management Support' which I assume is the Ryzen Balanced Powerplan. I have a 5600x and I have that powerplan.
So what I understand is the Ryzen Balanced powerplan installed after installing the chipset driver with the 5600X? and did it also enable the power plan or did it leave the power plan you were using previously enabled?