Question Where can i find gtx for laptop ?

Gameron

Prominent
May 4, 2019
It seems that my laptop's gpu isn't recognized anymore by windows 10, windows crashes and repair for 30 minutes, until before installing the nvidia driver, so is only that yellow triangle over my nvidia, in device manager.

I have no ideea what to do anymore so i decided to look for a nice gpu to run my games.
The ideal gpu should be an gtx with at least 4 gb, for laptops, or if is possible, tell me please, where can i find an device that can use external pc gpu ?

I have heard about that device but didn't check myself a single video about them so far, until this month, since i cannot play any game on more than 30 fps and low-med settings+resolution.
Some games won't even work on lowest settings, maybe they use gpu as main dish.

But it seems that some games are ok, playable just a little bit, with intel hd 630, a.k.a. 128 mb vram, but that's not enough and most games i love to play won't work at all without a decent gpu.

My laptop is this:
Laptop LENOVO Legion Y520-15IKBN, Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ Processor (3M Cache, up to 3.5 GHz), 15.6" IPS Full HD, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB, windows 10 pro 64.

I was able to run lots of games on med-ultra settings on it, until last month, when i finished my cigar, outside, then decided to start a single-player game and boom, windows got broken and no thing to do anymore since then :(

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Laptops no long have GPU chips that can be replaced so easily, they are soldered in place, expensive and hard to find. Take a 1060 6GB, for example, you can find those for around $100 used but it's going to cost you another $125 + shipping to get someone to do the micro soldering and since they are used come with the adherant riisk of not knowing if they will work completly. A new 1060 6gb mobile is nearly impossible to find now and will run you around $300-$400.

1060-6gb-mobile.jpg

eGPU could have been a possibility but your USB TYPE C only supports video output " No thunderbolt support"

Y520.jpg

Replacing the entire motherboard is also an option but expensive as well and all of these would be used from eBay.

y520-mb.jpg

Last edited: