[SOLVED] Where is the audio equalizer for Windows 10 located?

User Name Noob

Reputable
May 1, 2019
I've watched a couple of videos on this subject, and I've read/followed the directions on the windows 10 help forums...the equalizer is not where they say it is. Anyone know where it is...or maybe it doesn't exist anymore?

Edit: Thanks, guys! I've downloaded Viper4 and Equalizer apo...either one of these will do me just fine.

Last edited:
Solution
There isn't an integrated equalizer in Windows 10. Like a post above you can do this with equalizer apo.

It is system wide and it's parametric.... you can adjust the q factor(basically makes a frequency peak sharper or smoother), you can select on how many bands you're eqing, also you can adjust the frequency for every band. I'm using it with the Peace GUI addon(nicer interface with a whole lot more adjustability).

When installing it you'll be prompted on which device you want equalizer apo to run on(integrated audio or an external DAC).

User Name Noob

Reputable
May 1, 2019
Have you come across the following link?

https://www.activatecodess.com/increase-volume-windows-10/

For the most part, right-clicking the small speaker icon in the lower right screen corner will lead to quite a host of windows, tabs, and audio properties.

What audio card and software are you using?

I don't have an audio card yet...hopefully I won't need one. The little speaker icon leads me nowhere...only thing I can do in there is adjust the volume. Here's what I can bring up by right-clicking on that icon...

Open sound settings (none of the selections here give me an equalizer)
Open volume mixer (only adjusts the volume)
Spacial sound (which I have turned off)
Troubleshoot sound problems (this gives me nothing to work with)

There are multiple ways of getting to these same interfaces, but none give me access to the equalizer. You would think that the equalizer would be the first thing on the list! If it is there it's very cleverly concealed.

Ralston18

Titan
What motherboard do you have?

Look in Device Manager - what audio devices do you have?

Are you able to borrow a known working audio card from someone?

Then test/try that audio card on your computer.

Also - FYI

https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/138524-there-there-not-default-windows-10-equalizer.html

It does appear that you may have to (as suggested) install a third party app.

Here is a link that provides some additional "how-to" information as well as list of available equalizers.

Do note the caveats in the last paragraph.

Reactions: User Name Noob
There isn't an integrated equalizer in Windows 10. Like a post above you can do this with equalizer apo.

It is system wide and it's parametric.... you can adjust the q factor(basically makes a frequency peak sharper or smoother), you can select on how many bands you're eqing, also you can adjust the frequency for every band. I'm using it with the Peace GUI addon(nicer interface with a whole lot more adjustability).

When installing it you'll be prompted on which device you want equalizer apo to run on(integrated audio or an external DAC).

Reactions: User Name Noob
Solution