LadyPCTech

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2013
Where do I buy a Glossy (or is it Glass?) Monitor. Glare is not a problem as the room is always dark. Since I wear glasses, I prefer the Glossy monitors since the matte finish screens are sooo dark and seem to always crap out early. ((ie. my 4k Samsung 1ms matte screen monitor)) - I use the glossy monitor for video editing. It can be an old monitor, I'd prefer it to be over 1080p. Back in my day, they called these monitors "brightview" screens or glass screens ((When XP was around up until Windows 7 came out)). As the colors were vivid, the darks super dark and lights super light. I noticed in the past 8 years, none of the stores carry "glossy monitors" anymore, which sucks ((for me)). If anyone has recommendations for a Brand AND Model number, please post below. Thank You!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
If anyone has recommendations for a Brand AND Model number, please post below.
Hmmm.... nowadays, i suggest that you look towards OLED monitors. Those are vibrant and far better than current LCD monitors. Also, most OLED monitors come with glossy finish, compared to matte as most LCD monitors are. Of course, OLED monitors also cost a lot.

Here's also further reading about OLED in general,
link: https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED_Gamin...uture_of_oleds_32_4k_240hz_and_beyond_i_work/