Where to find good midtower case with good design and LED's?

GrannySmith1

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
You know those flashy pre built PC's that you see with alienware, cyberpowerpc, or any other prebuilt website? The ones that show off a nice looking LED design that makes the PC look very attractive.

I'm building my own PC, so is it possible to get that kind of case with an attractive design, good airflow, and maybe some flashy LED's to show off my PC?

Right now I'm looking at the coolermaster haf 912, which I see has very good reviews and good airflow, but I don't know how I'm supposed to add LED's to the case and make it flashy. Do I just buy LED fans from coolermaster and replace the fans they include on the case?

So, any of you guys have suggestions on how to get an attractive looking case without breaking the bank? Besides LED fans, what are some other things I can do without going overboard on money? I don't want anything too complicated or hard to add, but I'd like a nice flashy looking PC like the ones on cyberpower.

Solution
As for a case I recommend a Fractal Design Define R4 or a Arc Midi R2 both which can be found on NCIX on sale below $100. Be sure to get the windowed version of the R4 though.

LED strips connect into your PSU and they come with sticky adhesive to stick to your case.
Aug 13, 2012
That case has a window version that is rather hard to obtain in North America. I suggest you buy a case with a window on it. Then to get the lighting effect you can either buy LED fans or LED light strips or both. Just put the light strips along the top and bottom.

GrannySmith1

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

Any good suggestions for a case then?

The HAF 912 doesn't have a window by default. Unless you mod it to have a window, it doesn't make a lot of sense to put up flashy LEDs because you won't see it. LEDs are only cool for a little while. Afterwards, no one would care about it. And it'll all be a waste of money.

Edit: CRN beat me to it. Anyway, what's your budget for a case?

GrannySmith1

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

Under $100 if possible, but if theres a case that you feel is absolutely perfect then I'll go under $150.

Edit: Yeah I guess you are right. LED's are cool for a while then they will get boring and nobody will care. Still, I'm not asking for some Christmas lights on my case, I just don't want a completely dark case with nothing on it. I want just a little something to make my case standout.
What are some alternative to LED fans? CRN mentioned LED strips but how do those work and how to I know if my case can accommodate those?

Aug 13, 2012
As for a case I recommend a Fractal Design Define R4 or a Arc Midi R2 both which can be found on NCIX on sale below $100. Be sure to get the windowed version of the R4 though.

LED strips connect into your PSU and they come with sticky adhesive to stick to your case.

Solution